Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have about 1000 , 28 gauge AA hulls (old style not HS) ,some that I have collected from range floor and some that I have shot. I am shooting a Beretta O/U , do I need to resize them or is that only for pumps and autos. I am looking to buy a mec 650 or Grabber, I don't want to buy the wrong machine.
Thanks for the HELP!

·
Premium Member
19,741 Posts
Resizing certainly won't hurt anything, but it usually isn't necessary, particularly if you are going to shoot them in an O/U shotgun. I even shoot un-resized reloads in some of my automatics without problems. However, automatics can be finicky about hulls that are bulged a little around the front end of the hull, while with an O/U, if you can stuff it into the chamber, it will fire. I've even put tape on a split hull and fired it in an O/U.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The MEC 650 does great job of resizing the brass. On high brass,the brass can get fairly fat and I think you would be better satisfied if you resized them. May not matter on low brass hulls.

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Get the Grabber, of the two, it is the only one that resizes brass. Resizing is not necessarily needed if you shoot only those hulls that you personally shot but those that you pick up may have been shot in a chamber large than yours. I have had this happen to me in my 12 ga O/U and it is not a pleasant experience to not be able to cram the hull into the gun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts