Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 6 months ago I didn't get an answer when I asked in a post how to reverse the safety on an H368 for a left hand shooter.

It's a piece of cake.

Drop the trigger group as in regular stripping.

Hold the trigger group with the trigger guard down and the trigger facing away from you, just as it would be mounted in the gun.

On top of the group very near the end closest to you (the rear of the group) is a small hole. This hole angles down and away from you. The spring that retains the safety is in there.

Look at the side of the group just forward of this hole. There's a retaining pin running sideways through the group there that keeps the abovementioned spring in place.

Push out the pin. The spring is not under much tension. Mine just fell out when I turned the group upside down.

Push out the safety, reverse it and reinstall the spring and pin, and complete trigger group. A gunsmith pick or something with an equally fine point to hold the spring down while reinstalling the pin is very helpfu.

That's it.

I hope this helps someone. I shoot my LH 368 a lot, but my RH one with the 24" barrel (the "turkey gun") is going to be one dynamite late season pheasant gun!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks for the info. I was thinking about switching mine, after my gloved had put it on safe while hunting ducks this morning, I shouldn't have been so cheap and bought a Left hander, thoght my RH son would use it more.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I could find a LH one with a 24" barrel, I'd have had it already.

I made the change as I not infrequently put the safety on with an ungloved hand shooting skeet. Annoying!

I'm glad I could help.

BTW, I thought the same thing about my son in regards to a RH 368, but he fell in love with a 20 ga Ruger Red Label with 30" barrels instead, and then, whoosh, off to college.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.