Shotgun Forum banner

Rifled Slugs Through Over/Under

6K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  pmmx 
#1 ·
:hat Can I fire rifled slugs through a Baikal Over/Under shotgun? I don't want to cause any damage to my weapon. The user manual just says do not fire any ammo not intended for this type of gun.

#2 ·
Rifled slugs were designed to be fired through non rifled guns like yours.However their pressure and the choke of your gun will be the deciding factors on whether they are suitable for your gun and whether they will shoot straight.I am sure you should be able to get more advice from the resident experts if you gave them the choke of your gun, the weight of the slugs you intend to use and the proof pressure of your gun.Keep checking. Its not how well you shoot , its how much noise your gun makes

#4 ·
I think it might. In my opinion, don't shoot slugs though any consitriction higher than and Improved Cylinder. A woman has the last word in any argument. Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

#6 ·
I have heard that a lot. BUT .... If you look on the side of a box of Rem Sluggers, it says they are safe to fire through ANY 12ga barrel. I would think the Rem folks would not use the word ANY unless it were true. Otherwise this is just a lawsuit waiting to happen. My suggestion is to call the ammo manufactures customer service line (by law they all have one) and see if they can answer this for you. Or you can get your bother -in-law to try it in his gun first. :) Let the dog hunt the birds, ... you hunt the dog.

#7 ·
I like the latter option better... :) A woman has the last word in any argument. Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.