Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought some new safety glasses and they came with all different color lenses that can be changed. I was wondering what all of the different colors are for.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Different colours are for a number of reasons.

Firstly, men are often red-green colour blind to a certain extent, so using different colours helps improve visibility. Although some will say certain colours are for certain light conditions, that's really hard to tell, because we all see colours differently.
What works for me, won't necessarily work for you. You have to try the colours under various light conditions and decide what work s for you.

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you look at a color wheel it will be clearer than my explaination but here goes.

The lens you use will enhance the colors near it on the color wheel and suppress the colors across the wheel.

Sooooo, the red and orange tints really pop orange targets and kill the green backgrounds. Purple pops target orange too and suppresses the greens and blues. Yellows pops orange and generally brightens low light conditions. Bronze and the new high contrast browns (contain reds) darken bright conditions and pop orange targets.

I have more money in prescription glasses than guns! BTW - I use the high contrast brown more than any through all the seasons.... but that's me.

Hope this helps!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts