Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
241 Posts
Hey aahagel,

I see you're brand new to shotguns, but in the few weeks that you've been shooting, how much clay shooting have you done?

The reason I ask is that I'm a left-eye dominant/right-hand shooter, too. When I first started, I was also worried about "cross-dominance". I figured I'd have to either shoot with one eye, or use a sticker on my glasses, or learn to shoot left handed, etc...

So in the end, what fancy trick did I use to solve the cross-dominance problem? Absolutely nothing. :D By which I mean, I just shoot with both eyes open, right-handed, no stickers or other visual aids.

Now I do think that some people will have to use little tricks or methods to solve their cross-dominance problem, but my only point is that you should get out to the range and see how bad it is first before you get too frustrated :shock:

You may just find that after a few rounds, it's not as big a problem as you think. Besides, all the good shooters will tell you it's about focusing on the clay, not the sights. Once your mount is solid and natural, the gun will shoot to where your eyes are looking.

Again, I'm not saying that cross-dominance isn't a real problem, just that it varies in degrees from one person to another.

· Registered
241 Posts
Ooops, I re-read your post and I see you don't mention what you're using the shotgun for. I just assumed it was for clay shooting...

Can you tell us what you're going to be using it for mainly?

If I guessed right, and you are shooting clay sports with it - are you having a lot of trouble breaking the birds?

· Registered
241 Posts
Ok, gotcha...

Well, I still think there's a good chance that the cross-dominance won't be as big a deal as you think (if you're lucky :D )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.