Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this forum and am enjoying the content.
Here in AR we can no longer use the robo, and what a blessing it has been. We hunt flooded timber and have had a decent year in mallards killed, but the real story has been the way the ducks have worked.

The past few years we have worked ducks only to have one or two fall out of the bunch and come in and spook over the robo. Already this year we have gotten in and set on the water several bunches of 10 or more and had the opportunity to fill the hole up a couple of times if we would have waited a little. It is like it was several years ago.

We had snow and ice today and tonite it is going to be about 15. We are in the midst of the first split, with our youth hunt on Saturday. several more ducks are starting to use the timber as many of the fields have iced over. The Black River is currently out of its banks and providing quite a lot of current in the woods that will keep them ice free.

I enjoy reading all the interesting reports on forums such as this and thanks for letting me be a part.

Cflong

·
Registered
487 Posts
Welcome to SGW. I'm glad to hear ya'll are having a good year. It's amazing what normal winter patterns can do to move birds down the flyway. I'm in n.e. Texas and when Ark. has birds we usually do well also. We just need more water in our bottoms. So happy to hear someone post on life after ROBO and what success you've had without it. Arkansas did the right thing and banned spinners and i sincerly hope Texas does as well. Be sure and post back as the season goes and whack some for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.