Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering buying one am am cuirious if any one has onwed one and has a opinions,good or bad,the 2 I am looking at are the 12ga./.50cal. muzzleloader combos and the 12 ga./highpower rifle combos,may be in either .270 win or 30-06.I live in a part of the country were slugs are the only legal projectile to use for deer hunting,so I would set the twelve up for scoped slug shooting,and either use th blackpowder barrle for late season deer or the rifle barrel for woodchucks and other unwanted pest around my proporty.I have looked at the .410/.22 combos and a .357 mag rifle and the only thing I could find wrong was that the trigger felt a little heavy.any info would be helpfull. thanks, red

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the 20gauge/22. my 8yo son is deadly on rabbits with the 22 but won't shoot the 20 as it is the hardest kicking single shot i have seen in 20 gauge. it is not fancy in any way form or fashion, but great for carrying in pick-up riding around ranch.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I myself just purchased the rossi in the 50cal..its actually not a bad looking gun. I bought the stainless and wood...I was holding out for an optima..but if you wanted one, you also know my situation. I took my roosi out to the range and it got pretty good marks on accuracy. I was shooting 1-2 in groups at 50yds. My last three shots were dead on and made a clover leaf. My problem with the rossi is, with repeated shots, the action can clog up causing the hammer not to fall, or not even being able to cock..Not to mention that in less than 24hours, I am already searching for a new ram rod..mine broke after 15 shots........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts