Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to handle one today at a shop in Omaha! I'm not a big side by fan, nor a Ruger shotgun fan, but this gun looked like it was the exact oposite of the Red Label. Nice slick smooth lines, no big ledges, sharp edges, not all floppy, forearm, what there was of it, fit nice and tight. Opened and closed well for a new gun I thought. The rib wasn't falling off! It looked to be sheik, plain! If I was in the market for a new SxS, I'd take another gander at it! It was sitting beside CZs, and SKBs and a few others, it stuck out! It seemed a bit light to me, but who knows, it just may be the perfect gun for someone. Since I've become known as a RRL basher, I thought it only fair to tell you, first impression of this gun is far different than any Red Label I've ever seen of handled!

BP

·
Registered
493 Posts
Burnt Powder said:
I got to handle one today at a shop in Omaha! I'm not a big side by fan, nor a Ruger shotgun fan, but this gun looked like it was the exact oposite of the Red Label. Nice slick smooth lines, no big ledges, sharp edges, not all floppy, forearm, what there was of it, fit nice and tight. Opened and closed well for a new gun I thought. The rib wasn't falling off! It looked to be sheik, plain! If I was in the market for a new SxS, I'd take another gander at it! It was sitting beside CZs, and SKBs and a few others, it stuck out! It seemed a bit light to me, but who knows, it just may be the perfect gun for someone. Since I've become known as a RRL basher, I thought it only fair to tell you, first impression of this gun is far different than any Red Label I've ever seen of handled!

BP
BP: You have truely come a long way. Very unexpected post. good job 8)

·
Registered
17,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
snakebit;

NO! it wasn't me who has come a LONG ways, it is Ruger who has come a LONG aways. My opinion of the Red Label hasn't changed a bit. I looked at them again too. Couldn't believe they were both made by the same manufacturer! Light years difference between the one Gold Label I handled and ANY Red Label I've ever seen! Maybe Ruger will start making the RLs more like the GL I saw? :? Maybe not? :cry:

BP

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Ruger has met the challenge of the s/s market.With the rush of all the imports-American shooters have a choice of a classy shotgun--reckon they will offer subgauges :wink: :?:

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Oh lordy lisabeth, its abig one (hand on my heart) (heart attack) :lol: :lol:
From Fred Sanford on Sanford an Sons (tv program)

BP, next thing we'll learn is that you have bought a RRL. :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
17,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don;

It'd have to be a giveaway price! I have too many other good guns to do something like that on purpose!

BP

·
Registered
202 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Say, Snakebit, look in the Ruger section, I have field tests
posted in there about my Ruger Gold Label SxS 12g.

I really like the classy looks and like shooting it.

See yeah.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts