Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont understand..Im new..very new to this site and to my Ruger so I come here and read all the bad things people write about my new gun (which I love so far) And then I come to the "I Love My Ruger" page and I be damned if those same people that trash MY new gun on the other post arent here doing the same thing....Do you not have anything better to do? Will your Wife not talk to you? Are you suffering from Cranial Retum Inversion or what??? Why trash a gun you dont even own anymore? Who knows why you had bad luck with yours. Yall blame Ruger..maybe you did something wrong, maybe you didnt clean it enough..who knows...just stop bashing the Rugers here on the Pages of "I Love My Ruger"

·
Registered
753 Posts
Hey MXdad,

If anyone hasn't said it already welcome to Shotgun World. Don't worry with those nay sayers. I have a Red Label that I have been trying on for size and just simply love the shotgun. It fits me best out of everything available on the market today including the B Guns, Kolars, Perrazi's, etc. I shoot registered skeet and when I purchased my Red Label I was looking for simply the best gun for me and found it. If you think the noise is bad now wait until you win a shootoff with your Red Label. There is just something about my "Secret Weapon" from Connecticut that just loves breaking doubles from station 3, 4, and 5. I just shake my head at those who turn their nose up at my shotgun. Makes me no difference as the other guns available just don't get the job done for me. I'll stick with what works. There are plenty of us here that really like our guns without having to feed the trolls.

If you break too many clays to fast they will call you to reckless. If you don't break many clays too slow they will call you washed up. When you win they will say much worse!

Pick your flavor and go with it. I race a KX250 and a KTM 300. I shoot a Ruger Red Label.

Welcome aboard MXdad33.

Dan

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
If someone is bad mouthing Ruger in the I love my Ruger forum, let me know and I'll 86 the post.

I don't get down to that forum much. I'll try to keep a better eye on it.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I think we need to understand the mechanism here. I've never seen anyone post a thread in the "I love my Ruger forum" that Says " All Rugers Suck". Invariably what happens is some newbie, not illogically, instead of going to the Gun Opinions forum, puts a post in this forum like "Considering buying a Red Label-What do you think" then it's off to the races. Kind of hard to expect all of the responses to be positive, isn't it. If there is any negative response all, the Ruger loyalists go ballistic and start pointing to the sticky. Maybe if the administrators concentrated more on of directing the question to the proper forum, they wouldn't have to police the answers in this one.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
It isn't telling the truth that is the problem, but the tone and venom by which it is told.

I am no "Ruger Loyalist", but I can spot a bad attitude and harsh tone when I see it. Maybe if folks concentrated more on telling the facts more instead of trying to poison things, the administrators wouldn't have to police the forum.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
chorizo said:
It isn't telling the truth that is the problem, but the tone and venom by which it is told.

I am no "Ruger Loyalist", but I can spot a bad attitude and harsh tone when I see it. Maybe if folks concentrated more on telling the facts more instead of trying to poison things, the administrators wouldn't have to police the forum.
Examples please.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But there in lies what I am saying....Even if someone post a "thinking about buying a RRL" in the "I Love Ruger" site...why would anyone that doesnt LOVE a Ruger even be here to answer with anything negitive? It doesnt even dawn on me to go to the "I Love "B" guns" site and read about them. The only reason I can see for any negitive remarks towards a Ruger in this forum would be someone that is just looking for something to do or to try and show their gun knowlege to people....that said...Is Ruger the BEST gun made..doubt it, there is always somehting better, But I do love mine so far. Now on the other hand I do believe people should be allowed to Trash, Talk neg. or just down right curse the ruger if they choose to..just not in this folder of the site. I do find the Neg talk helpful in watching for future problems with my gun.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
claydoctor said:
chorizo said:

Examples please.
Some of your posts, for example, since you asked.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Not so much Ruger hate as trying to save a newbe from a $1400 mistake.

The older RL's were great guns----but things have slipped since ol Bill passed away.

IF you can find a older RL in good shape ---I'd say go for it.

I wouldn't touch a new RL with a 10ft pole---I was seriously looking for a 28ga RL several months back----EVERY gun I looked at --no matter the *****-- was unfit for new retail sale-----save for ONE 20ga----and I looked over a good 20 to 30 guns at that time.

·
Registered
828 Posts
mxdad33 said:
But there in lies what I am saying....Even if someone post a "thinking about buying a RRL" in the "I Love Ruger" site...why would anyone that doesnt LOVE a Ruger even be here to answer with anything negitive? It doesnt even dawn on me to go to the "I Love "B" guns" site and read about them. The only reason I can see for any negitive remarks towards a Ruger in this forum would be someone that is just looking for something to do or to try and show their gun knowlege to people....that said...Is Ruger the BEST gun made..doubt it, there is always somehting better, But I do love mine so far. Now on the other hand I do believe people should be allowed to Trash, Talk neg. or just down right curse the ruger if they choose to..just not in this folder of the site. I do find the Neg talk helpful in watching for future problems with my gun.
Now see you don't have to go to the (i love my rrl page) to view the latest post on the I love my rrl

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/search. ... d=newposts

And you'll see all the latest posts from all the forems and thats how i got here

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now see you don't have to go to the (i love my rrl page) to view the latest post on the I love my rrl

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/search. ... d=newposts

And you'll see all the latest posts from all the forems and thats how i got here[/quote]

Ok thanks I had no idea you could do that, NOW Im starting to see why...which is the answer I was looking for... And please know...love or hate the Rugers..I think we all deserve to speak our minds

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Let me correct my statement...Speak your mind but do it in the proper place. I posted in the "general" spot..asking about the RRL and got all the NEG answers a person could ask for..including yours Dr. and that was great as I said before it helps me look for future problems...But in the "I Love" section its more of a safe haven I would say for all of us that have those guns that you wouldnt keep if someone gave it to you...lol

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
Mx- The problem with that is when a Noob who doesn't know any better comes into the forums and posts in the "I Love my" forums, they won't get an objective opinion.

Would you feel the same way if it were an "I Love my Boito" forum, with Boito lovers patting each other on the back about how great their guns are?

It's really not fair to the new shooter who is trying to get the "most bang for their buck" to not get the whole story.

·
Registered
737 Posts
drsfmd,

Couldn't the goal be accomplished without the negative opinions posted here?

For example, couldn't those wishing to provide an objective opinion simply direct the noob to the Gun Opinion forum - http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=3

Maybe with a simple note to say that the best place to post to get an objective opinion is in the opinion.

But definitely without any snide remarks or sarcasm.

Then the noob could decide for themselves if they are want the objective opinion.

At any rate, it appears to me that if someone were merely wishing to help the noob, they could do it in a way that did not trash Rugers in the I Love My Ruger section...

I suspect people are wanting to do more than merely help the noob...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts