Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Evening gents, I have owned and used RUger products since as far back as I can remember. My hidden gun in the jungles of Vietnam, Republic of....was a 357 Ruger revolver that saved me on a number of occassions. Now let us get to today and the negatives on Ruger.

I own an all weather 28" Clays that I paid a nice buck for. If I had followed the forums here I would not have bought it and that would have been a mistake. It is a beauty and with Briley's added it shoots as good as the nut that holds the stock can do. No issues yet. BUT but but....
I ordered and took possession of another Red label over under in 28 gauge. Got the baby home, opened the box and realized that something was wrong, dead wrong. The left side cocking rod was in the box and not in the receiver where it belonged. Called Ruger and the girl told me to push it in and it would be fine. I thought for a second "maybe this is a new floating system....?" Well, that was not going to do it. The gun would fire only one barrel. Mind you, this is all with not a shot fired from this brand new gun!!!!
Called again, this time I was in no mood to be fooled with. She informed me that I had to pay to send it back...At this point she found out where I stood as far as that goes. She agreed to send me a shipping label and the gun is now in their possession as of 10:45 this morning. Tomorrow I will be on the phone asking about it sincve I will not stand for a 6 week backup on a brand new gun.

Now we get to the point of contention herein on the forums...DO I love Ruger ? YES! Am I satisfied with this gun...Hell no! WHere is the problem? The problem is with the condition of the workforce at Ruger. WHen a company cannot reign in the employees and get a fair day's work etc. the product suffers and then the company suffers. How is it I bought an EAA O/U 28 gauge for 345.00 at CDNN and it shoots like no tomorrow? The reason I bought the Ruger was that my daughter shoots only 28 gauge but the EAA is too hard to open and she is unable to do it. The Ruger we tried opened like a dream and thus I went for the money. I will see how this develops with Ruger. I will not be a happy camper if they drop the ball on this one.

· Registered
37 Posts
Evening gents, I have owned and used RUger products since as far back as I can remember. My hidden gun in the jungles of Vietnam, Republic of....was a 357 Ruger revolver that saved me on a number of occassions. Now let us get to today and the negatives on Ruger.

I own an all weather 28" Clays that I paid a nice buck for. If I had followed the forums here I would not have bought it and that would have been a mistake. It is a beauty and with Briley's added it shoots as good as the nut that holds the stock can do. No issues yet. BUT but but....
I ordered and took possession of another Red label over under in 28 gauge. Got the baby home, opened the box and realized that something was wrong, dead wrong. The left side cocking rod was in the box and not in the receiver where it belonged. Called Ruger and the girl told me to push it in and it would be fine. I thought for a second "maybe this is a new floating system....?" Well, that was not going to do it. The gun would fire only one barrel. Mind you, this is all with not a shot fired from this brand new gun!!!!
Called again, this time I was in no mood to be fooled with. She informed me that I had to pay to send it back...At this point she found out where I stood as far as that goes. She agreed to send me a shipping label and the gun is now in their possession as of 10:45 this morning. Tomorrow I will be on the phone asking about it sincve I will not stand for a 6 week backup on a brand new gun.

· Registered
37 Posts
L Delo, I applaud your use of the Language and how you construct a sentence. If you are having job/career issues you should think about writing. Nough said. Let's get to the issue at hand that seems to elude many. The great thing about our country is that we have forums where free speech is allowed. Cheap attacks by anyone is not a good thing. I fought for these freedoms and I love reading them put to good use.

I have owned and used Rugers for a long time. Had a 357 hidden in my belt in the jungles of Vietnam, republic of... back in the 69/70 years.
Owned more than a few of them over the years. I own an all weather RRL that I love. ( I wish they would have manufactured into it some better scores but that is because it is not a more expensive gun....they come with scores built in.)
Anyway, I just bought a 28 gauge rrl for my daughter and it came, in the box, broken and unusable. I called service and was given a real idiot explanation at first. I obeyed and then called again. I lose patience with fools and drunks etc. (bad habit form my years with the NYPD) but that is another story. I basically told the girl not to pee on my leg and try to convince me it ewas raining.
Gun went back to them. They fixed it (?) in three days. Called last week and was very happy to find it was at the range for test fire. Called today and found out it will be thereat for an additional two weeks or more becasue they are so backlogged with guns. Definitely not a good answer!

Where does this take us? Well, I still like Ruger, I am disappointed with them and this product but that does not mean they are all junk. I have had a new Browning go totally bad from day one and it too went back. There is an inherent problem today in the workforce that no longer believes in a fair day's work etc.
It is not a good thing when people like us fight amongst ourselves over nonsense! There are plenty of enemies out there that need to be concentrated on. For instance, Kerry, Kennedy ( any of them) and Clinton. Let any of them get into the seat and we will need all of the guns and ammo to keep this country free. That is, of course, if they let us have them.

Just a humble opinion.
Relax, enjoy the sport and safeguard it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.