Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ruger All-Weather® Red Label Over-and-Under Shotguns Now Available with Realtree® Camouflage Pattern Finish
November 2, 2005

Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR) has responded to the requests of upland game, wild turkey and waterfowl hunters with the introduction of Realtree® finishes for its popular Ruger All-Weather® Red Label 12 gauge Over-and-Under shotguns.

While the original Ruger Red Label is eye-catching in its original highly polished blued-steel and walnut stock configuration, today's hunters often need a shotgun that helps them blend into their surroundings. Most birds have excellent color vision, and camouflage finishes are a natural for hunting such game. Whether spring turkey or fall waterfowl, blending with the environment can mean the difference between success and failure.

For hunters preferring such a finish, the Ruger All-Weather Red Label 12 gauge Over-and-Under is now available in the Realtree Hardwoods® HD™. A patented process is used to apply a durable and abrasion-resistant camouflage finish that provides an added layer of protection for the shotgun's metal parts. The polymer stock and forend also are coated, reducing the visibility of this hunting shotgun and helping hunters become part of their environment. Other patterns may follow, depending upon customer demand.

http://www.ruger.com/Corporate/News-11-02-2005C.html

·
Registered
530 Posts
Make it in 20 ga and I will buy one instantly!

·
Registered
100 Posts
drsfmd said:
Good god that's ugly! :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Why is it ugly?Would you prefer something prettier like pink chiffon?

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
drsfmd said:
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... but ugly is still butt ugly." :(^

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
Butch-

I think the Beretta Extra Wood is an abomination, and an embarassment to the Beretta name. That said, I'd take a gun with extra wood over that... thing... pictured above anyday. That may honestly and truly be the ugliest gun I've ever seen.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I can't think of a more pleasant looking gun to have in a duck boat out on a swamp at 5:00 am in the morning.

Not a good place for a delicate,"pretty" shotgun.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I like that , that looks good

·
Registered
76 Posts
DRSFMD,
I am with you on this one...looks like Walt Disney threw-up all over it...if a duck flares on me cause he saw my two shiney blue barrels in between the tree limbs...I am in the wrong sport.

How do ya clean one of those...with mineral spirits??? hahaha

·
Registered
2 Posts
drsfmd said:
I actually agree, but I could look at my ugly gun for an hour. I think it looks better than the non camo all weather.
Maybe it's the jarhead in me, but I can't figure out why I would want a gun to look pretty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts