Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just starting in skeet shooting and need to ask a few questions. i've heard that some red labels will sometimes shoot both barrells at once. which do you think is better-win supreme select or ruger? what about a stoeger condor deluxe? thanks for any help.

G

·
FWIW, I will try to help. I purchased a Red Label in Aug. and so far I haven't had any problems. Last week I talked to another shooter at our local sporting clays range. He has two Red Labels, loves them, and shoots very well. He said that after 100,000 rounds or more the Red Labels will get to a point where they can shoot both barrels at once. He said that he just sent the gun back to Ruger and they basically rebuilt the entire receiver and sent it back to him at no charge.

We also shoot with a couple who both shoot the Winchester Supremes. They had to send them back after the first season - I can't remember why, but they haven't had any problems so far this year.

As far as the Stoeger goes, last Sunday we were on the skeet field with a friend who owns a Stoeger Condor. We loaned him the Red Label so his son could shoot the Stoeger - he put the Ruger in HIS truck after we were finished. Luckily I caught him before he took off with it! :lol:

The Red Label and the Supremes definitely are a cut above the Stoeger, but I can't say for sure that they are more gun for the money. I went with the Red Label because it is made in the USA and I came across a used one for a good price.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts