Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be on the totally wrong forum for this, and if I am I appologize in advance. Just wondering if any of you gunsmithing guys have ever worked on or seen the internals of a Ruger Red Label? The reason I ask is because I have heard more than one person claim that everything on the Ruger is up to snuff except for the internals. I am asking because i don't have alot of experience with over and under shotguns, and only go by what I hear. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SShooterZ, I was actually refering to a post from the ruger board, where someone advised that they had to return a red label to the factory four times for problems, before ruger finally sent a new gun. Then the new gun had to go back once. The poster said that they felt something wasn't up to snuff with the internals of the Ruger. That is really the reason I posted my question, to see if anyone who has actually worked on red labels can shed any light on the issue. Thanks.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I believe that was Claydoctor's experience that you are referring to.

If you really want to find out about the Red Labels internals, call Ruger and ask to speak to the person in charge of the Red Label design and development staff. I did that a few years ago to pass along some ideas on enhancements.

The operator put me through to the head of that department, but only got his voice mail and left a message. He called back the next day or so and he was a pleasure to talk with about many things involving Red Labels, shooting and hunting. A real down to earth person who was open to ideas and suggestions.

Now I am sure he was probably slightly biased, but he was also very frank and informative.

Might work for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts