Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHAT IS YOUR OPTION ON THE RUGER RED LABEL?

ARE AFTERMARKET CHOKES EASY TO FIND?

DOES LIMB SAVER MAKE A RECOIL PAD FOR A RED LABEL?
IF SO, IS IT EASY TO CHANGE?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I have a Red Label that's 13 years old and has over 30,000 rounds through it. It's one of the heaviest over/unders, but I like that because it smooths out my swing.

Aftermarket chokes for mine are impossible to find, but they changed the style of tube in about '95 - I think the new ones are Briley, but I'm not certain. Since the guns come with 2 Skeet, 1 IC, 1 Mod, & 1 Full, I can't see that you'd need much else in the way of chokes - unless you need an X-Full for turkeys. Just my opinion, but I've seen too many people who are too concerned with what choke they should shoot on a certain presentation, but almost any choke would break the bird if it was in the center of the pattern - It ain't what you shoot, it's how you shoot.

As to the pad, I don't know if Limbsaver has a pre-fit pad, but I know they have grind-to-fit pads, and you could always fit one of those.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Limbsaver has templates on their site which you can match up with your gun's stock. They don't list a pre-fit for Ruger shotguns (rifles, yes), but you can download the templates, print them out, and find a close match. I've lucked out and managed to fit two guns that weren't on their "pre-fit" list.

BTW, you might want to disengage your CAPS LOCK key. Typing in all caps is considered shouting in computer-based communications.

-- Sam

·
Registered
520 Posts
wwb,

Your older Ruger should be the same as standard Winchoke, Browning Invector (not plus) and Mossberg tubes. My old Ruger 12 uses them just fine. I purchased a couple of aftermarket extended steel shot tubes for mine. Work fine for years now. The newer ones use Briley tubes

APEXDUCK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.