Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about if and when Ruger is actually going to put this gun on the market?

·
Registered
12 Posts
theres a rumor going around that ruger is cutting production of alot of their offerings across the board. :?:
why they dont make this gun in a 20ga right off the bat is beyond me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may be correct about the 20 ga. However I haven't seen a 12 ga yet. I heard from a guy at Cabelas that they may have had some difficulty with the guns durability. At this point just a rumor however.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am dying to pick one of these things up and try it out i love the red label ive been waiting forever to hold this up dont you think they should make it in a 20 though i would much rater have a 20 then a 12 if it where a 20 gauge it would be the best side by side to take place on earth

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is no word when the Ruger Gold Label will make it to the market. SXS shotguns are very hard to find and I think the model will fill a nitch if and when they get it produced and shipped! I have all of our distributors on watch for them and will post back in here when they become available.

Amy

Ozark Guns

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Gold Label may have been developed on April 1st.

Think about it----An American made SxS weighting 6lbs in 12 gauge with Round action and Stainless Rcvr. Sounds like an upland hunters dream to me.-------April fool

·
Registered
354 Posts
What's it been, two years since it appeared in catalogs, and still no gun? That's almost as bad as Micro$haft's vaporware. :)

I love my Rugers (10/22, 22/45, Bisley-Blackhawk .22, Bisley-Vaquero .357) but something seems fishy about this delay.

-- Sam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Ruger Gold Label was featured on the cover of the American Rifleman as 2002's top gun, in February 2002. I guess they fooled the NRA. Check your back issues. You are a member of course, or are you one of those people that let everyone else do the work?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I would have swallowed it up... if I could have found it. I went with the Red Lable instead.

Gold Label in 16ga... Then 20.. then 28... then 12

I am giong to start an American SxS specific manufacture. Make True 16ga, guns. Quailty manufacturing, and under 2k. I'll make all of the above guns, and will make inserts for .410 in the 28.

Who wants to place an order.

·
Registered
117 Posts
There are rumors floating around about patent right infringements. Evidently gun patents are good for 75 years. The story is that Ruger is infringing on sombodys patent and law suits have kept the gun off the shelves.
Rumors are just that. Why Ruger hasn't put out the word on what is really going on is beyond me. I feel like I been hood winked....

·
Registered
354 Posts
Birdbrained said:
The new Ruger Gold Labels are easy to find. In fact, I just saw one the other day at Wally World.

Sincerely,

Franchi Highlander and Weatherby Athena
I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a joke or not (re: the "signature"). From my best sources, the only place the Gold Label has been seen "in the flesh" is at various SHOT shows. Eg, no dealers have received them yet.

If this is not the case I'd love to hear about it. I'd like to see one of these guns.

-- Sam

·
Registered
9 Posts
I`ve seen :shock: and held one in the UK :lol:
It was at the game fair in leeds and at weston park game fair on the Viking Arms stand. [ UK importers] And I must say its a very fine looking gun
Can`t buy it yet co`s it was a prototype / sample

·
Registered
34 Posts
According to Rugers website, the Gold Label has been scratched for now due to reliability and quality problems. The project has not been completely dropped, but no date has been issued for its reintro.

·
Registered
733 Posts
ccc0417 said:
According to Rugers website, the Gold Label has been scratched for now due to reliability and quality problems. The project has not been completely dropped, but no date has been issued for its reintro.
Couldn't find this statement on Ruger's website. Can you post a link or directions to find it?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Call and ask ?

Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
Lacey Place
Southport, CT 06890
Telephone: 203-259-7843

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ruger told me that the gold label was due in any time .the delay was that someone let the cat out of the bag to early and we shouldn't have heard about the gun til much later, that is what they told me.....

·
Registered
733 Posts
hunter/gatherer said:
ruger told me that the gold label was due in any time .the delay was that someone let the cat out of the bag to early and we shouldn't have heard about the gun til much later, that is what they told me.....
That's a very good answer. It was the same answer Ruger gave a year ago. :roll:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.