Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
That looks like a Shiba Inu, rather than a fox. Shibas are rather fox-like in appearance and are roughly the size of a fox hound. I've only seen two in the red color phase and they do look remarkably like a fox.
There is a corollary to that poster, "Say it loud, say it often, say it with conviction, and get it in print. Eventually others will believe you."

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
I didn't mean to be a party pooper, it was intended as me being a smarty pants and showing off some of the small bits of knowledge I sometimes possess. I saw my first Shiba when I was a kid and we all thought it was a "pet" fox. We had no idea it was an actual breed, I thought it was a mutt myself. Since that time I've always had a soft spot for them though I didn't know of the breed until a year ago when I saw a litter at my vet's office. All I know is that they are a Japanese hunting breed and much too expensive for my taste. Putting one in a pack of hounds seems to be more of a catch dog role than actual hound duty. Now I'll have to get a print of that poster for my vet, she likes Shibas too and it would fit in perfectly behind her front counter.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
No problem uglydog, just giving you some crap, that's all!

Besides you taught me something new, didn't know about Japanese "fox dogs" until now.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
I'm guessing that Shiba was a block of real estate in Japan at one time?

Or China? I don't have a clue. I could Google it but I've actually got to get to work right now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts