Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the rule book under targets and scoring, it states that "you are allowed two shots", when referring to single targets. My question is: Can you throw single targets and allow only one shot at singles?

·
Registered
27,074 Posts
Not in a regulation shoot. FITASC parcours are 25 targets, with a max of 38 shots by the shooter.

·
Registered
27,074 Posts
My mistake! With all the recent threads about FITASC and all, I guess I misread.........Sorry, woke up at 4Am to work polls until 9PM.............guess I need a glass of wine........!

·
Banned
3,014 Posts
Headhog said:
Thanks one oz. I was specifically referring to Sporting, not FITASC. Should have clarified.
The rulebook says a shooter is allowed two attempts at a single target. There are no exceptions to that rule in the book.

So no, you can't prohibit the second shot and still have it be an NSCA-registered tournament.

·
Registered
27,074 Posts
Correct, in either game, a single is typically allowed full use of gun - which means 2 shots - (even if shooting semi or pump that holds more)

·
Banned
3,014 Posts
andromeda673 said:
also known as super sporting. Shooting the singles and allowed two shots.
There was a time when a typical sporting clays course had a mix of stations with all doubles and some stations with singles and doubles. The format fell into disuse sometime in the last 10 years or so because I remember those menus at Michael Murphy & Sons and other Wichita area sporting grounds around 1999-2003.

In any case, what separates super sporting from sporting is not the use of singles but the use of three traps per station.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I really enjoy super sporting and fitasc, having full use of gun on singles is a blast. I'd like to see more singles come back into the mix, till then I get my singles fix from shooting practice and then the other clays games.

·
Registered
14,662 Posts
I've shot (at) >100k registered targets and I have seen a station of single 3 or 4 times total. Always allowing 2 shots.

And they are often the most fun station in the shoot. Usually a long technical bird (USD battue, for example) and everyone gets a huge thrill when they hit one. {hs#

·
Registered
966 Posts
Singles are fun. I have been told clubs do not like them because the slow things down. Out here in the intermountain west, super sporting is becoming fairly popular and it regularly includes singles (one target out of 5, a single, a report pair and a true pair is most common).

·
Registered
966 Posts
Singles are fun. I have been told clubs do not like them because the slow things down. Out here in the intermountain west, super sporting is becoming fairly popular and it regularly includes singles (one target out of 5, a single, a report pair and a true pair is most common).

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've often wondered why we don't include one single each day in the Main at Nationals. Would make 75 targets each day instead of confusing everyone with either 74 or 76. Makes it difficult to look at the scores and know who's shot what.

·
Registered
14,662 Posts
Bill: We used to shoot 75/day.And they changed it cuz everyone was cussing that single. :wink:

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Sobrepuesta said:
You used to see this several times in a round of sporting clays:

single A
single B
A report B
B report A
AB simo

or
single A
single B
A report B
AB simo
AB simo
Shane's Sporting Clays in North Carolina shoots that program in registered shoots. The Club is owned by well known sporting clays, trap, and flyer shooter, Shane Naylor.

·
Banned
3,014 Posts
dickgtax said:
Sobrepuesta said:
You used to see this several times in a round of sporting clays:

single A
single B
A report B
B report A
AB simo

or
single A
single B
A report B
AB simo
AB simo
Shane's Sporting Clays in North Carolina shoots that program in registered shoots. The Club is owned by well known sporting clays, trap, and flyer shooter, Shane Naylor.
Pretty cool that some remember

·
Registered
14,662 Posts
Rule J 1 (a) says that when singles are thrown , you get two shots.

Are there other rules you think are optional. :?:

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sera said: Are there other rules you think are optional. :?:

I hope you didn't think I thought it was optional. Don't think it is. Recently had a shoot where only one was allowed. Just trying to see what the thinking was. Thanks

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.