Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Premium Member
Latest addition is a LH Caesar Guerini 12 gauge, previously a Citori back in the '70's
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For whatever reason I always was drawn to them. I found many of the higher grade guns simply gorgeous, especially some of the English ones that I would find difficult to afford. That said from previous experience I could never shoot one as well as an O/U.
Today when out busting some clays with some friends, one of them coerced.me into shooting a old Savage S/S and I actually managed to hit a dozen in a row without any misses which amazed me. Perhaps I'm over that and might have to see about a decent priced one that I'd be happy with. Just remember: He who dies with the most toys wins! 馃槈

Registered
There are plenty of older (and decent) SxS guns out there; most are field guns and not really designed for heavy clay use. That said, a sturdy gun like a Browning BSS is definitely capable

Reactions: captjsjr

Registered
A Win 21 is just about unbreakable. Look around a bit and one can be had for fairly reasonable money.

Premium Member
Latest addition is a LH Caesar Guerini 12 gauge, previously a Citori back in the '70's
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A Win 21 is just about unbreakable. Look around a bit and one can be had for fairly reasonable money.
You must be a mind reader as I was thinking the same thought.馃槉

Registered
I participated in a SXS shoot that featured 6 Winchester model 21s that had popped ribs.

Pay attention to this guy鈥檚 opinion on the 21:

4140 steel is extremely difficult to 鈥渨et鈥 for soldering. A repair job that looks and sounds great might not be.

Phage

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I participated in a SXS shoot that featured 6 Winchester model 21s that had popped ribs.

Pay attention to this guy鈥檚 opinion on the 21:

4140 steel is extremely difficult to 鈥渨et鈥 for soldering. A repair job that looks and sounds great might not be.

Phage
OUCH! That doesn't sound like a very good report on them. Thank you for that information. Will definitely be reconsidering choices.

Registered
I second the recommendation of a Browning BSS. Very sturdy SXS with the weight most target shooters want.

IMO, this one listed here on SW would certainly fill the bill perfectly. BTW, I have no vested interest in the gun or seller. Good luck!

Registered
I stocked this 32" 12ga, 1926 Fox for sporting and FITASC. After 80,000 rounds I gave it to a well-known Perazzi 'smith to tighten up. When he returned it, he said "Good for another 80,000 rounds."

Where did you get all the autographed photos from Anna Nicole?

Registered
How does your Silver Pigeon or Citori compare to a Holland & Holland or Boss?
Comparing English 鈥渂est鈥 guns that only the gentry can afford to guns a small businessman, farmer or mechanic can afford is, in a word, stupid.

Registered
As I tell everyone who asks - don't buy until you've shot a variety of SxS so you know which you really want to buy. To buy first, shoot second can be expensive because another persons preference may not be yours.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts