Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sabatti
Info "Current manufacturer located in Gardone, Italy with history tracing back to 1674. Some models are currently imported by European American Armory located in Sharpes, FL.
In 1960, the sons of Antonio Sabatti formed the current company, and manufacture currently includes good quality O/U and SxS shotguns, O/U combination and double rifles, bolt action and semi-auto rifles, and slide action and single shot shotguns. Sabatti should be contacted directly (see Trademark Index) regarding more information and domestic availability on their extensive firearms line-up. " www.sabatti.it/
distributors
Sabatti spa
Via A. Volta, 90, 25063 Gardone V.T. (BS), Italy
011-0039-30-8912207
FAX: 011-0039-30-8912059
E-Mail: [email protected] www.sabatti.com

Alex Imports
1550 Frontage Rd., Chula Vista, CA 91911
(619) 296-1759 FAX: 2637
Importer and distributor of Sabatti shotguns and rifles.
Visit our Web Site at: sites.netscape.net/glenn351usa/index.htm

K.B.I., Inc.
PO Box 6625, 5480 Linglestown Rd., Harrisburg, PA 17112
(717) 540-8518
Est.: 1988 Staff: 7
VP/Sales: Steven M. Cohen
Price Range: $110 to $20,000 Baikal, over/under, side by side and single barrels (Russia), Sabatti O/U's (Italy). Armscor

Savage

Savage/ Fox History
In November 1929, Savage Arms, Inc. bought the financially beleaguered Ansley H. Fox Gun Company. While true A. H. Fox shotguns continued to be produced from parts by Savage, Savage and later Savage-Stevens also made and marketed a double-barreled shotgun called the Fox Model B. A serviceable shotgun, but nowhere near a true Fox, yet often confused with the original.

The Fox Model B was introduced about 1939 by Savage for the hunter who wanted better fit and finish than offered by the Stevens model 530. It was made in many variations until 1988

pretty anti-climatic, I know, but the Fox brand has been resurrected

Current manufacturer located in New Britain, CT. The A.H. Fox trademark was brought to life once again during 1993 when the Connecticut Shotgun Manufacturing Company, began producing an A.H. Fox 20 gauge in 5 different grades. Previously manufactured in Philadelphia, PA 1903-1930, and in Utica, NY from 1930-approx. 1946. Manufactured by Savage 1930-1988.
Mr. Ansley H. Fox first started manufacturing shotguns in circa 1896. This first company was called the Fox Gun Co. located in Baltimore, MD. Relatively few guns were made and surviving specimens today are very rare. After this venture, he was employed by the Baltimore Gun Co. for several years (circa 1900-1903). Following this period, he formed the Philadelphia Gun Co. where the predecessors to the A.H. Fox Gun Co. models were manufactured. These Philadelphia Gun Co. models (circa 1904) were the same as the newer Fox shotguns except that the hinge pin was removed. Sources indicate that the lowest grade was an "A" with the highest being an "E" (fully engraved and ultra rare). Following this tenure, Mr. Fox went on to form the A.H. Fox Gun Co. that was started approx. 1905. In addition to being an entrepreneur and trend setter, Mr. Fox also had the reputation of being an expert shot in his own right, winning more than a few events on the East Coast around the turn of the century.
The A.H. Fox Gun Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, began production in 1905 and produced high quality double barrel shotguns until 1930. The Savage Arms Company, then of Utica, New York, acquired the Fox Company and produced these guns until 1942, when all but the utilitarian model B series guns were discontinued.
A.H. Fox guns are considered an American classic comparable to L.C. Smith, Parker, and others. Collector interest is high and will undoubtedly grow. The guns do not command quite as high a price as the Smith and Parker guns, but represent a fine investment collectible value.
Savage made guns from 1930-1942 are usually valued similarly as the early A.H. Fox guns. The recent production B series are just not in the same class and are obviously not intended to be. They are lower priced by today´s standards and are designed as a utility grade hunting gun.

I guess the point of all this i that even though the Fox B is only a Fox in name it still shares the rich history of the legendary A.H. Fox shotguns

Model 420
Q I am looking to buy a Savage Model 420 O/U 12 *****. I am curious as to the age and value of the shotgun. Looks to be around 85-90%. Any other info on the gun would be appreciated...
A According to my books the 420 was made from 1938 - 1942
if it has double triggers it is worth about $395 and single selective trigger it's $450

model 440

Q can you tell me what a savage 12ga. model 440a 2.34 like new is worth ?

A MODEL 440/440B O/U
- 12 or 20 ga., 26, 28, or 30 in. barrels, various chokes, boxlock, ST (Model 440) or SST (Model 440B), extractors, checkered pistol grip stock, VR. Imported from Italy 1968-1972.
Grading 100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60% 50% 40% 30% 20% 10%
$495 $440 $415 $385

SKB

Q I am trying to find out what the value of an SKB model 505 28 ga O/U is in
new condition never fired
A There are several sub models of the 505 (Trap, Skeet, Field etc.). The values range widely between the models.
Model 100% 98% 90%
Field $940 $785 $575
Sporting Clays $1,000 $825 $600
Trap/Skeet $875 $725 $525

QI have an SKB 1900 gas operated gun. I don't believe SKB has imported any autoloaders in about ten years or so, and their site says no parts but the rings are available. (From the factory at least.) It seems like I was told one time that my gun was also sold as a Weatherby autoloader. Is this true? I don't see anything on the Weatherby site about whose guns they were relabeling (or whatever). The only characteristic I know to give you a hint with is on the right side of the forestock there is a hole with an exposed screw head that one turns a quarter of a turn to adjust for high pressure/low pressure loads. Also, is it correct that the SKB's with choke tubes are approved for steel?
AThe pictured gun at the site I found at (www.shirstone.com/skb) matches mine exactly but doesn't show the adjusting screw I mentioned in my original post (mine must be an early model)and quotes the following: SKB's Semi Auto has earned great respect and high reputation as confirmed in the Guinness Book.
Using the model 1900, the incomparable record of shooting 2,264 targets in the space of just one hour was achieved by shooter Mr. Graham Douglas Geater of New Zealand on January 17, 1981.
He was recognized in the Guinness Book of World Records for this feat.
The Semi-Auto features crossbolt safety and a magazine cut-off system which allows you to unload the chamber.
The self-compensating gas system feeds both target and hunting loads of steel and lead up to 3Ó without any adjustment required.
The receiver is made of light weight alloy for weight and balance and the barrels are made using cold hammer technology for concentricity and strength.
Standard magazine capacity of 5.
Stocks and forends have a matte finish with diamond cut checkering to assure firm grip. Available models are 1900 and 3000.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts