1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I just learned of it today while at the Palatka Skeet Club. I got to know Gabby when I lived in Alabama and, in fact, I took lessons from him. He was a nice guy and Loraine was nice also. She had a terrible, chronic health issue and Gabby had other family issues which also stressed him tremendously. Perhaps it was all too much for him to deal with................ Very sad.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I was searching my father's name on Google and I seen this forum, and I wanted to say my father was a good hard working man. He retired after 43yrs at a steel plant several years ago. He was the best Skeet Shooter to ever live in my opinion who worked 40-60hours a week at a steel plant rotating shifts and traveled to Skeet events with little or no sleep and won 60%of the time. Wayne Mayes is the only man I have shot against or watched shoot that was better. I watched my father and Wayne go into the 7th box of doubles in a shoot off for a gun champ on stations 3,4,&5 at wolf creek gun club back in the late 90's. It was the most amazing shoot off I ever watched. My Mother was the best woman I ever have met or been around in my life. She stood by him through it all. I know what the article says about what happened, and I hate that the case was labeled what it was when they were other possible scenarios that could have taken place. I hope the people who knew him keeps the same opinion of him they had before this tragic event back in July. I miss them, and this has been a nightmare for me and other family members. Thanks for allowing me to share on this website.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts