Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have two questions for you. I have a Remington 870 and I bought a "B-square" saddle mount with a nikon scope. I have it sighted in and it shoots great. The question is can I expect the scope to still be sighted in when I take the mount off and on between seasons? Next question, am I losing performance with a 28" barrel for slug shooting?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had a mount that was a poorer design than the one you have and it held zero fine so I think yours will do really well.

As far as your barrel, the only disadvantage is the longer barrel is a little more unhandy to tote around in the woods especially if you are hunting from a tree stand but you are not losing any performance and probably are gaining a little from the longer tube.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
493 Posts
I don't think the longer barrel should be an issue.
I assume it's a smooth bore, and you are shooting Foster type slugs?
But I disagree on the scope mount. You will have to sight it in again when you remove it and put it back on.
When the time comes for you to remove it, just loosen the screws that hold it on, and see how much play there is. For you to get it back to the exact spot as it was before you removed it, is a crap shoot.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Yes, when you put the mount back on, fire a couple shots just to make sure. Better to be safe than sorry :?

I am not saying a word about bacon grease, pam cooking spay, hot coffee or SMOOTH BARREL slug guns :mrgreen:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.