Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like Tony he does a gret job but a Siaga modification is not that hard tha a regular person can not do a good job for a few hundred bucks. Depeneding on what you want of course. Start out with an IZ-109 and do it up.

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
fedupwbs said:
Hi guys My first post here. If the tromix is so easy to do how about a tutorial on chopping the gas system etc. Id love to do my 107! Thanks if you can help.
he only chops the gas system on the SBS version, and only then on the ones that have barrels under 10 inches.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
POS Benelli? :?

You're going to find a lot more Benellis on tactical teams than Saigas.

Saigas are still cool though.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rev,
if you go to the Brian Enos forum you will see a lot of competitors are dropping what they are shooting an moving to the Saiga.

If you go over to Warrior Talk serious folks are joining the band wagon as well.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Saigas are cool, but I prefer my M4 any day.

Go with whatever you're comfortable with even if a bunch of guys in front of their computers say not to. I've seen plenty of tube fed shotgunners beat saiga shooters, but that doesn't mean I'll call them a POS. If you prefer one over the other, fine, but Benellis have been leading the tactical shotgun field for a long time and credit is due.

JMO

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Personally I believe the Saiga 12 is about the best combat shotgun on the market, you are entitled to your opinions. If you look at the currently active threads on this section of the shotgunworld you will not see very many pro-Saiga, which is a bit strange because on other boards the Saiga is becoming the gun to have.

Mike Davidson's Saiga in the video clip shows long time concerns being addressed, no more rock and lock, no more lack of a last round bolt lock, and no more difficult magazine release.

A weapon so equipped is the top of the line combat shotgun on the market. :p

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You can do the work yourself it takes about 4 hours. Also any good gunsmith can do it for you of course it depends on what you want. I did 4 conversions and they just get easier each time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.