Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is one for dale here for $300 Can. two barrels..18.5 and a 28" said to work perfectly..what you think deal or no deal

·
Registered
320 Posts
It's a long action recoil design just like the venerable A5 , or should I say , the "old" A5 ? The internals are identical. The A designates an aluminum receiver. I got a hold of one about 15 years ago in 16 gauge. Mine has the C-lect choke hangin off the end of the barrel , but I don't mind....LOL.... Mine was made in 1958. In my opinion , they are every bit as reliable as an A5. I believe I paid around $200 for mine , but that was 15 years ago. $300 doesn't sound too bad to me , but maybe you could haggle a little on the price. The shorter barrel would only be good for one thing. The other being 28" , would be better. If its in decent shape , go for it. I don't regret buying mine. Hope this helps.https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/ ... &crop=fill

·
Registered
4 Posts
So, did you end up buying it? If so, what do you think of it?

I recently inherited one in 16 ga. Mfr. date of 1953. It was missing the recoil friction rings but I was able to pick them up on eBay. I only had time to fire 15 shells through it after disassembling and cleaning and installing the friction rings. It fired off all 15 with no problems. The recoil was not harsh at all, but certainly felt different than any pump or gas operated shotgun I've ever shot.

I like it enough and the condition was good enough, that I'm refinishing the wood. Looking really good. Still have about 3 coats of boiled linseed oil to get the semi gloss I'm looking for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts