Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
savage arms unveiked their O/U at the shot show. word from some other sites is that it is a Italian made O/U. anyone know who the mfr. is? i was wondering if maybe it was F.A.I.R. . just trying to figure it out, they looked nice in the picture.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I photoshopped it, lightened it up and blew it up and it appears to have the same lock-up on the forearm that the FAIR/Verona has. I believe that it must be because that lock-up is a little unique. We Verona lovers may be back in business.

Added: Also, from the pic on the box the safety/barrel selector looks the same as well.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, F.A.I.R. did say they where talking with a large u.s. mfr. but i ain't starting any rumors. i do have a question in to a couple of folks that just might be able to give me the details.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Yep, it sure looks like a Verona. Does any other maker use that recessed, round forearm latch?

I'll be very curious to see what MSRP Savage lists for these. They've long been one of the sleeper bargains through Gander, Cabelas, or Dicks--an Italian O/U for @ $650.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Sabatti, another Italian manufacturer, has a similar lock-up. But, their guns are imported by Charles Daly so they probably would not being trying to double-dip in the lower price o/u market.

Stoeger uses a small lockup but it is decidedly different from FAIR.
I do believe that these are FAIR products.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I concur with the rest of you all, the latch on the forearm is decidely I.Rizzini-esque. :)

I hope they'll continue with the 692/702's - those are really good looking guns at a great price point. Now if only they'd make one with zero cast.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.