Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone familiar with these? Years ago my Dad had (still has, I believe) one of these. All I remember is it slapped the snot outta me in a round of skeet. Can't remember what load I was shooting ,probably wasn't a target load, but never shot it again. I believe it was possibly the Valmet 412, but that's all I could find. Couldn't make the search function here give me any info. Also would appreciate any opinions any might have of this O/U. (got my flame suit on!) Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Spud,I have two Valmet 412s. Both are 12ga. One a field gun, one trap. Had them 20+/- years. This design was taken over by Tikka about 10+/- years ago. I don't know if they are still made, haven't looked. The Tikka version had lessor wood and only a field grade, but I think it has the same action.

I think this was a very under rated gun. Mine are very well made. Never had a problem with them. The field grade gun has seen cases of shells. The neat thing is the parts are all interchangable; barrels, stocks, actions. You once could get combo barrels with shotgun/rifle or rifle/rifle combinations. 20ga barrel sets fit 12ga guns. They have mechanical triggers so a mis-fired first barrel does not upset the second shot. Cocking indicators above the safety. Long forcing cones. Over-board barrels. Barrel selector on the trigger.

I'd hang on to it. It should serve you well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The Tikka 512 supposedly became the Finnclassic, also found with the spelling Finclassic. Model 512. Supposedly the barrels interchange between all the various guns, but I can't say for sure.

Valmet 412 (Valmet, no longer made)
Tikka 512 (Sako, no longer offered from Sako)
FinnClassic 512 (Marocchi, builders of the Tikka 512 for Sako)

http://www.airgunsonly.com/marocchi/marocchi.htm

http://www.marocchiarms.com/index.php?m ... duct_id=15

"Finn Classic 512S: a gun called also "transformer" or "System" for a lot of options offered for this model. A project that has its origin from the famous Tikka Valmet 412S (that our Company produced for Sako for many years long) and that is now our sole brand."

You can get various shotgun barrels including single barrel trap, plus rifle / shotgun combinations and double rifles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.