Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The United States F.I.T.A.S.C Grand Prix & Kolar Classic will be held in 2017 at Pat Lieske's Bald Mountain Shooting Range in Lake Orion, Michigan. Dates will be Weds. June 21-Sun. June 25, 2017.

This event will be a F.I.T.A.S.C World Cup event and a USA FITASC Team Qualifier. $9,600 Guaranteed cash purse for the F.I.T.A.S.C Main.

Available events to include:
•200 Target F.I.T.A.S.C Main
•150 Target Kolar Cup Sporting Clays Main
•100 Target Sporting Clays Prelim
•100 Target 5-Stand
•50 Target 20 Gauge F.I.T.A.S.C
•50 Target 28 Gauge F.I.T.A.S.C

We are located in beautiful southeast Michigan. Closest hotels are in Auburn Hills, MI (there are a dozen or so) all within 5-12 miles of the range.

More details and iClays pre-registration to come in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Rack-N-Roy said:
DBrevit said:
Great I will be looking forward to this, wish it was not 2 weeks after U.S.Open Sporting.
Well "This event will be a F.I.T.A.S.C World Cup event and a USA FITASC Team Qualifier." that would mean no pump guns, can you hang with that ? I'll get the Super X some work :(^
I'll have to run the Remington 1100 Competition Synthetic

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DBrevit said:
Great I will be looking forward to this, wish it was not 2 weeks after U.S.Open Sporting.
As this event is one of two F.I.T.A.S.C World Cup events hosted in the United States, it has to be hosted prior to the World FITASC Championship - which is in early July in 2017. This weekend was the best option available, and it is the same weekend that we have had the Michigan State Championship the last four years. The weather in Michigan that time of year is usually sunny, low humidity and high 70's/low 80's. We look forward to having you'll! The Main FITASC will be at full capacity at around 300 participants, so once registration opens you'll want to get signed up quickly before it fills!

·
Registered
189 Posts
dlieske said:
DBrevit said:
As this event is one of two F.I.T.A.S.C World Cup events hosted in the United States, it has to be hosted prior to the World FITASC Championship - which is in early July in 2017. This weekend was the best option available, and it is the same weekend that we have had the Michigan State Championship the last four years. The weather in Michigan that time of year is usually sunny, low humidity and high 70's/low 80's. We look forward to having you'll! The Main FITASC will be at full capacity at around 300 participants, so once registration opens you'll want to get signed up quickly before it fills!
Thanks for the reply, I will sign up the moment it's open.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Drew, can you give us novice FITASC shooters an indication of what shooting organization a shooter must be a member of in order to enter this event? Are there any other mandatory requirements a shooter must meet? Thanks!

·
Banned
3,014 Posts
SmokeJS said:
Drew, can you give us novice FITASC shooters an indication of what shooting organization a shooter must be a member of in order to enter this event?
You must be an NSCA member

SmokeJS said:
Are there any other mandatory requirements a shooter must meet?
There is a mandatory minimum number of targets that you have to have registered (300 for state and regionals, 500 for the US Open and nationals) between the date of the shoot and 10/1 of the prior year. However the rulebook is unclear as to how that applies to a FITASC GP on US soil.

I would make sure I had 500 sporting targets registered between 10/1/16 and 6/21/17 just be on the safe side.

I shot my first FITASC at MSC Bald Mountain a few months ago

·
Registered
11,946 Posts
Do you have to be a member of FITASC? I remember having to join or something on a French site prior to the World FITASC at Northbrook a few years ago.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Sobrepuesta said:
ysr_racer said:
Do you have to be a member of FITASC? I remember having to join or something on a French site prior to the World FITASC at Northbrook a few years ago.
I would hope not, since NSCA is the FITASC national federation for the USA.
Typically, you would use winscore, or in this case iclays to register for everything EXCEPT the main FITASC event.

Being a "member" of FITASC simply means going to the FITASC website and creating a user account, just like you did to become a member of shotgun world. After you create an account, once registration opens for the event, you use that website to register and pay for the main event. Nothing complicated at all.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.