Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure digital one are the cats meow but is there any acceptable mechanical scale for shotshell reloading? If you have a favorite model, I'm all ears.

Thanks,

Glenn

·
Registered
23 Posts
Crap, forgot to log in, above post is mine! :oops:

Glenn

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I've used a Lee scale for more years than I care to admit. I guess they sell for about $20.00 these days. They aren't as easy to use as the electronic scales, but for shotshell reloading, I typically weigh the powder charge about once every 100 shells. I have compared mine to my son's high-powered electronic scale, and from 15 grains to 35 grains, they agree within 0.1 grain - that's good enough for me. The most important part is the initial zero setting; takes a minute to do properly.

·
Premium Member
19,751 Posts
RCBS 502 is an excellent scale. It's all the scale you need for reloading.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Go with either RCBS or Hornady for balance beam scales. Digitals are nice for weighing things like arrows, bullets, etc., but I use the balance beam type (mine is a Hornady) for rifles and shotgun shells. It is actually faster than digitals and there's no battery to worry about.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Are Lyman's D7 or 500 model good scales also. On the search I did they did pop up along with the RCBS and such.

Glenn

·
Registered
200 Posts
Take alook on ebay.I got great deal on a Lyman Ohaus.Less than $30.00 with shipping.Of course the day after I got it ebay had more of them at a better price.Oh well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts