Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Benelli Supernova and am purchasing a Badger Cantilever Rifled Barrel for it for deer hunting.

My question is.......What are a good set of rings to hold up to the abuse of that 12 gauge recoil? I've heard alot of good things about Burris Signature Zee rings and of course Leupold rings. Also, I'm not sure if I should get low, medium, high? The cantilever will be sticking up quite aways, I wouldn't imagine the need for high's, but of course open to all suggestions.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
BTW, I will be mounting a Leupold VX-1 2x7 shotgun scope on it and was possibly thinking of mounting this same scope later on my muzzleloader...still not sure about that one yet. I kinda want the ultimate slam with my bone collector for the bdc reticle, as I said still not sure yet and open to any and all suggestions....

Also, I'll throw this random question out in hopes to save another thread or call to benelli:

I want the comfortech recoil pad(not stock) from Benelli but not sure which length to get? Anyone have any suggestions on a recoil pad better than this, because it's 100$....ouch! yes you heard it right for a recoil pad! I have a slip on Limbsaver, but it makes the LOP too long with the current pad on their.

I have the steady grip stock with a really uncomfortable stock recoil pad. I went through Turkey season this year with it, and those 3-1/2 inchers put me on my ***. I would like to enjoy shooting my shotgun from time to time lol.

Thanks for taking the time to read my thread, Trey.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Trey, I have been hunting for 50 years and never found the need for anything over 2 3/4 in shells for turkey hunting. If you think you have to shoot 3 1/2 in. shells for everytging then have at it!!!!
Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol, this was my first year of turkey hunting. I was just trying things out to see what shot best and the 3-1/2 inchers shot best.

But for deer, I shoot 2-3/4 Remington Accutip's. Any advice on a good set of rings?

Thanks for the reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.