Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If a competitor registers for an event, shoots the event and does not turn in their score card, how is that recorded? Is it recorded as a score of 0 or not recorded at all? Thank you

·
Registered
24,443 Posts
IIRC, it is recorded as "1"

Why wasn't the card turned in?

·
Registered
24,443 Posts
If it is a registered target event, scorecards are SUPPOSED to be turned in when done - much like the PGA

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Depends on the game.

I'm presuming that it may not have been turned in because someone had a really good or really bad day. For sporting where classes are determined by punches, a bad score wouldn't really make much difference but not turning in a good score might keep one from punching up to a class where they wouldn't be competitive, aka sandbagging.

If it's one of the games where averages determine ones' class, then not turning in a good score would again be sandbagging and not turning in a bad one would maybe keep someone in a higher class than they really should be in.

Egos are a fragile thing!
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
24,443 Posts
Egos are a fragile thing!
Let's NOT go there on this thread.............. :mrgreen: {hs# :lol:

·
Registered
24,443 Posts
If you pay for, and enter, a registered tournament - no matter the game, your scorecard, needs to be turned in.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I believe it was because they had a terrible day/bad score and didn't want it to effect their overall average. Don't know that for certain though. I just know they are a Class M shooter, I saw them having a really bad day. Their score didn't appear on the final tally sheet.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
As I read the rules, if a registered shooter fails to turn in his score card, his score from the master sheet will be recorded as his official result. If there is no master sheet (SYO) and a registered shooter fails to turn in his score card, his official result (as oneounce said) is to be recorded as "1."

·
Registered
24,443 Posts
Jim Miller said:
I agree but Stuck-N-Kali was the only one to explain the ramifications of not turning it in.
No, I answered your question - it is scored as "1"

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Umm. Nowhere did I ask a question that could be answered that way.

"Just curious....what does it matter if they turn it in or not?"

"I understand that but if they don't who gets hurt?"

You answered duckmanIII's question, not mine.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Being Master Class, he/she would hurt their average more by not turning in the score card. Also if they get a zero for the I would think that the NSCA would not consider that score if determining to offer a reduction.

The Ego thing really is seeming like the reason.

Being that their score of zero did not appear on the score sheet, looks like they asked and had their name dropped, so it is like they never shot but the range owner keeps the money. But then giving the range the benefit of the doubt, it does sound like a small shoot. The range may not have had a list of competitors and just inputted names and scores from the score sheets.

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
What does it matter? Make sure the shooter is listed on the score board and the "1" is figured in when determining the number of punches awarded for the class, and a "1" really messes with the Lewis class calculations. I suppose a history of "1" might also be a reason for an unsportsman like letter from the state and national associations.

·
Registered
335 Posts
In answer to Jim Miller's question on who does it hurt by not turning in your score, if you are the 10th shooter in the class it deprives both the 1st and 2nd high scorers each a punch.

Jim

·
Registered
24,443 Posts
And if there is a Lewis purse, it might also have a major effect on payouts.

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
And if you don't turn in a score card, it will get you an unsportsmanlike conduct letter under the rule change of a few weeks ago: Rule I-B-3-c-1: Exhibit unsportsmanlike conduct of any kind, including but not limited to, falsifying scores or classification, refusal to turn in a scorecard, cheating, swearing, verbal or physical abuse of any shooter, scorer, field judge, shoot official or protest committee.

·
Registered
24,443 Posts
Exhibit unsportsmanlike conduct of any kind, including but not limited to, falsifying scores or classification, refusal to turn in a scorecard, cheating, swearing, verbal or physical abuse of any shooter, scorer, field judge, shoot official or protest committee.
Hell, I swear at myself ALL the time when I miss those "gimmee" shots I have always made before. Now, I'm in trouble??????

1 - 20 of 24 Posts