Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello , i was recently given a shotgun by a friend of my fathers , he was moving and during the clean-up of the old house he found this gun and had no need for it , it is a sears model 200 pump action 20 gauge , it has never been shot , believe it or not , he bought the gun for a hunting trip back in the early 70's , but never went on the hunt , the gun has since been in his attic collecting dust , it looks brand new like it was bought yesterday , it does not have the adjustible choke , what is the apx. value of this gun ?? and before i get flamed for asking this question , i did search and found some prices , but none for a gun that has never been shot and in perfect condition , thanks

ryan

·
Registered
320 Posts
I just checked one of those out at a shop. 12g Stock was worn, bluing 85%, single choke, $265.

Made me think, I just gave one exactly as you described to a buddy, choke was trashed, he ordered a new barrel with screw in chokes for $120.

Good gun.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Very good shotgun, no question!

Hunted last season with a few long time users. This is a Winchester made 1200 or 1300 model. I have a 20g model, kicking myself for giving the 12g away, but the new owner was in need and good guy.

M2

G

·
It's a decent gun to keep to shoot. Just don't plan on selling it to put your kids through college. A new Winchester 1300 w/3 choke tubes (IC,M,F) at Wallymart is $235.00, saw a combo w/ the deer barrel at the K-mart closeout for $199.00. The 1300 takes 2.75" or 3" shells and holds 4+1. Your 200 is actually a Win. 1200. Please don't ask me why, but the fact your gun is marked "SEARS" on the barrel, you can deduct 30 to 40% off any Winchester 1200 excellent condition value.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.