Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for the value and any other information on my ted williams sears roebuck model 300 12 ga. 2 3/4 shotgun. Serial number Q58531 , No. 2731350. Any help would be great. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Welcome to SGW!

Please try your post in our "Gun ID & Values" forum here. You'll get the most and best quality responses from the guys who frequent there.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
brandy said:
I am looking for the value and any other information on my ted williams sears roebuck model 300 12 ga. 2 3/4 shotgun. Serial number Q58531 , No. 2731350. Any help would be great. Thank you!
Made by Winchester for Sears during the 60s-70s. Based upon the Winchester Model 1400 autoloader, so most parts should be interchangable.

They are simple, serviceable shotguns, but none of these guns are worth much - typical prices range from $200 for the pumps and $300 for the autos.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
It is ironic that you have posted something about a Ted Williams 300 12 ga. autoloader. I was just going to start a thread about a gun in the gun cabinet that you never got rid of even though it is very rarely used.

Mine would be my Williams shotgun. I've had it for a long time, bought it back in the '70's. 28" rib vent with fixed modified, a few years later I bought a 30" fixed full r/v barrel for it. At the time I thought it was the cats meow! Man, I shot alot of doves and squirrels with that sucker. It is a great gun. It's just a heavy sob. The receiver is aluminun like a Mossberg but heck it's still heavy.

It has really nice wood on it and in great shape to me. Even though it's not all that sentimental, I just could not see trading it in over the years. I'd sooner keep it than give it away on a trade in. I'm willing to bet I havn't shot it in 25 years.

·
Registered
234 Posts
This is funny that someone brought up Ted Williams. Apparently he had signature boots back in the day sold by Sears and my Grandpa (R.I.P.), just had to have a pair. They didn't have much money then and I guess he was so proud of those boots when he bought them. According to my dad, he wore them deer hunting. Not only were his feet soaked, they were also numb! My dad always laughs till he cries saying how all he can remember is my grandpa saying, "Ted Williams my ***". :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.