Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our season opened last Tuesday but only the diehards hunt snipe in the middle of the week. Today was the first weekend day so I thought I had better get to the lake early. I'd rather people follow me instead of the other way around. Two other people ended up hunting the same flat I was on and I heard other gunshots across the lake. I'm worn out from slopping through the mud so I think I'll just spend the rest of the day watching football. It doesn't get much better than that.

SH

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good2go, I appreciate it. I hope to add many more pictures.

Chilled shot, best of luck Monday/ Let us know how it goes. My situation was just the opposite of yours. We had more rain early in the year and the water level was up where I am hunting. Fortunately it has dropped due to very little rain lately.

SH

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are great eating. You can fix them any way you'd fix dove. My wife cooked some this week with nothing but worcestershire sauce and they were great. Something as simple as baked with a strip of bacon wrapped around them makes my mouth water just thinking about it. I've eaten them so many ways and there's really no bad way to cook them. As with any lean meat you just don't want to overcook it or let it dry out.

SH

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats to your son for filling the freezer. I wish I could get someone to do the field dressing for me. Perhaps a knife in my wife's Christmas stocking would be a subtle enough hint. Snow? Ah yes, I remember what that stuff is. Back in January of 1973 we woke up one morning and I'll bet there was an entire inch of that stuff on the ground. Haven't seen a blizzard like that around here since.

SH

·
Registered
394 Posts
The Snipe Hunter said:
Ah yes, I remember what that stuff is. Back in January of 1973 we woke up one morning and I'll bet there was an entire inch of that stuff on the ground. Haven't seen a blizzard like that around here since.

SH
:lol:
I get made when they say were getting three inches for the morning hunt and end up with one. You guys prolly go crazy if it flurries. Nothing better than a hunt in the snow. BTW, nice pics. :D

·
Registered
268 Posts
HEy snipe, the wife helped drag the big muley out of a huge coulee along with me and the kid,so maybe your knife in the sock hint just might work.Anyway it was his first deer and I had to show him what to do.The next deer he gets(he has a doe tag so it is pretty much a give me) he is on his own. Hope you snipe sucess continues

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.