·
Registered
1,671 Posts
tmnolan said:
I'd welcome thoughts about each of these semi auto's:

Beretta 390 (walmart)
Mossberg 930
Stoeger M 2000

I'm concerned about reliability and recoil.

Many thanks.
My Beretta AL390 has been the most reliable autoloader I could imagine. It also offers an adjustable stock for a personal fit. If recoil is a major consideration, you may want to look at some of the other Beretta family of products that offer special recoil reduction features..... (Benelli, Franchi).

Good shooting,
desmobob

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I have had great success with my 28" barreled Mossberg 930 walnut stock field model, so good I bought a 2nd one a 930SPX tactical version.

Between the two guns, I have over 13,000 rounds through them, the field gun is just about a year old. I have never had a failure to feed, fire, or eject. The gun will handle anything from 3" magnums to 7/8 oz target loads and keep right on going. The gun is a very soft shooter as far as recoil is concerned and is also very easy to clean.

Do a search, they are excellent guns, Dick's is running a great special right now:

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=124364

My second choice would be the Beretta 3901...

Smitty

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
I strongly recommend a 2000. Add a Limbsaver recoil pad and the recoil consideration is removed from the debate. These are well-built guns and a true value IMO. Mine has been flawless. Not one problem of any kind since new. I believe that is one thing that is important to everyone here. They are much simpler than a gas gun. To me less parts is a big + in any gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts