Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I have no experience w/ autoloaders, sorry. I can say this sounds like a great excuse for some range time.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Yeah, you're gonna have to get some range time and figure out what your particular gun likes. I would avoid the 'reduced recoil' buckshot since the Benelli needs decent recoil to unlock and cycle reliably. I usually get good results with Remington 9-pellet 00Buck, your results may vary

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
You'll have to test them. They are both somewhat picky about loadings.
Full power buck will cycle them both. The Fed 8 pellet flite control loads get freakishly small patterns. But I don't know if those will cycle your shotguns.

·
Registered
12 Posts
don't worry about lr 00 in the m4 , it will spit them right out like theres no tommorow. your other sg , what was it a remmy? watch out for the lr 00 in that. my 1100 does not like them at all. the remington semi auto's like powerfull loads. i use feds or winnies. just don't worry about the m4. low recoil 2 3/4 , 3 1/2" magnums , the m4 will give you no problem with them. you can even use both sizes in a mixed up sequence in the magazine. i make sure not to use anything more than trace amounts of oil when i clean my m4. my 1100 needs more oil , more cleaning , much more attention. i been getting satisfactory results with otis special forces dry lube. it totally disapates and after the 3rd application of dry lube , you are getting maximum lubrication without the slop. just don't put beanbag or rubber shot or those flame thrower dragons breath cartriges in the m4. LOL

·
Registered
554 Posts
I use Hornady 00 in my 11-87P... works wonderfully. I have used light trap loads as well with not one single problem (over 1000 through without a single jam or cleaning).

Is yours an 11-87 or 11-87P? That could make a difference.

I say try the reduced recoil... try the Federal and try the Hornady... try some others as well.. Mainly try it all and see what you (and your shotgun) like best. Range time will tell the tail.

I was blown away by the tight groups I got with the Hornady and less than satisfied with the #4 Federal. Every shottie is different.. even the one with the next serial number from yours. Have to test them.

B

1 - 8 of 8 Posts