Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a beretta AL391 Urika I shoot Skeet Trap and Sporting clays I am looking for a catcher that will mount on my gun w/out any mods and will allow me to shoot doubles, anyways if you guys can help point me in the right direction I would appreciate it

Thanks

·
Registered
387 Posts
The Carey closer has multiple configurations which should address your needs. That's why I bought it. It includes a quick bolt release, a shell catcher (for trap) than you can remove in about five seconds (for doubles, skeet & sporting clays) and an adjustable shell deflector (for trap). It sticks on your receiver with adhesive, which worried me at first. Some shooters who are far more experienced than me assured me that it would not damage the finish. Be sure to follow the instructions for installation so it stays put.

You can buy one for $62.95 from Gamaliel's (internet site is gamaliel dot com). I'm sure there are many other vendors who also sell them, but I've had good luck with Gamaliel. Their shipping is a little high at $7.50, but they ship quickly, they are responsive and they've quickly credited the one item I had to return.

Jeff Gitlin Olathe, Kansas

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oletha!!!! I am from Pittsburg you wouldn't know of any area ranges that are good and not way overpriced?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Clayfreak,

Up here, I shoot at Powder Creek in Lenexa, KS. It's about ten minutes from my house. I'm fairly new to shotgun sports, so I'm not the best judge of pricing. They charge $5.50 for a round of trap or skeet (without a membership), $3.50 if you have a membership. I do some work for a guy that has a corporate membership, so I pay $4/round.

There used to be a place in Pittsburg, KS called Bone Creek, but I'm not sure if they are still open.

By the way, Dick's Sporting Goods is running a pretty good special on 12 ga and 20 ga shells. They are selling what they call Remington "All purpose High Velocity" shells for $2.48/box of 20. They'll give you a ten percent discount if you buy a flat (sometimes) or if you have any gun club membership (always). They are 1oz, #8, 1290 fps. No 1 1/8 oz available. Worked great for me with trap, but it's a bit of a pain to remember those extra five shells you need to grab for a round. Still, with the discount ($2.48 - .248= $2.23/box of 20 = eleven cents/shell = about $2.80 for 25 shells) they are the best buy I've seen in a while.

Jeff Gitlin - Olathe, Kansas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.