Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I saw an ad in an old magazine for something called shell shrinkers. Particularly for adapting a shotgun to fire .22's. I would need a 16 gage shell shrinker.

Are these things still available? Are they legal? Where can I get one if they are?

thanks,
Gandalf

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Gandalf said:
Hi,
I saw an ad in an old magazine for something called shell shrinkers. Particularly for adapting a shotgun to fire .22's. I would need a 16 gage shell shrinker.

Are these things still available? Are they legal? Where can I get one if they are?

thanks,
Gandalf
i've seen these for centerfire rifles but not for shotguns
I would have gotten one but they didn't have them for my mosin (7.62x54r rare size)

I might get one for my 20Ga if they exist tho

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
j beede said:
The best "shell shrinkers" are sold by Rossi. You get them in pairs: .410/.22LR or maybe 20ga/.223, etc. They are pretty cheap, around $150. The best part is that you don't need your 16 ga at all. Check it out here: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=44340996

...j
i may be wrong, but i think he's reffering to inserts that allow you to fire different gauges out of one shotgun. i've never seen one that lets you fire 22lr; but i have seen some that allow you to fire 20 gauge out of a 12 gauge, or .410 out of a 20 gauge...

http://www.chambermates.com/background.htm

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Check some of the past 3 messages you've posted on this subject. People keep giving you links, but you never go back and check your old posts, instead you post again.

What you are doing is often called "spamming", eventually it will get you ignored...much like the boy who cried wolf.

Bob

Edited to delete the number 4 from the original post, afterall the individual has only posted 13 messages total, and they were not all about shell shrinkers. This should eliminate confusion for those who can't do the math....sorry!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Bobshouse said:
"...Check some of the past 43 messages you've posted on this subject. People keep giving you links, but you never go back and check your old posts, instead you post again.

What you are doing is often called "spamming", eventually it will get you ignored...much like the boy who cried wolf..."
Neat trick, considering that - as I post this - 'Gandalf' only has 14 posts in total to his credit.

A bit of exaggeration perhaps?

(...like about 200% worth :roll: )

·
Registered
36 Posts
netofficer3710 said:
i've seen these for centerfire rifles but not for shotguns
I would have gotten one but they didn't have them for my mosin (7.62x54r rare size)

I might get one for my 20Ga if they exist tho
see if you can find some accelerator sabots, then you can load .22s in your mosin.
but as cheap as surplus is, why bother with the sabots.
besides, like i tell my hunting buddies..... if the bullet doesn't get 'em, the muzzle blast will do the trick :lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Bobshouse.

Cut me some slack I'm really new to this and am learning.

I understand it better now and am trying to leave it at one post and try to keep it going.

Muchas Apologetico. :oops:

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Gandalf said:
Hey Bobshouse.

Cut me some slack I'm really new to this and am learning.

I understand it better now and am trying to leave it at one post and try to keep it going.

Muchas Apologetico. :oops:
NP, did you get the link from your other post? Here it is again.... http://www.mcace.com/shotguninserts.htm

Bob

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey there.

I looked at those sites, but went ahead and bought the shell shrinker off ebay. I at all feasible I will try and copy it accept with an 18 in length instead of 4in.

Thanks much.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, the Savage 12 to .410 is not what I was looking at on Ebay. If you want to see what I purchased, go back and look at the link a few posts back.

To answer EyeMissum's question: I don't know.

Also, sorry bout the spelling on the previous post...computer was giving me grief and I wanted to shoot it.

Gandalf

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.