Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My eldest son and his fiancee were home from colledge for the holidays. He gets up early and wants to shoot some trap in the back 40. About 11am his fiancee wanders out to see what all the noise is. She says...." Guns are just an extension of what ever your're lacking... Hunting is cruel...Shooting guns is ignorrant...yada yada yada"... She's a very self driven person, and I hold up a clay, and tell her... see how little it is.. see how big that gun is...how many if any do you think you can hit?
So we give her a Readers Digest Condensed version of what to do and pretty soon she's breaking these things left and right. After two boxes of shells ( She broke 30 out of 50), She looks over at us says " This is alot harder than it looks. Got any more bullets?" We're both grinning from ear to ear and explain that they're called shells. Later on at dinner she's explaing to everyone the intracicies of shotgunning, and as the table is being cleared asks.." When can we do that again?" She's hooked.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Good job Leo, you've probably just done your son the biggest favor of his life (not to mention your daughter-in-law). Good hunting and good luck.

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
Good story. We need more people who have to wrong opinions about hunting and/or shooting to actually try it for themselves.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
If breaking clays and shooting milk jugs full of water is evil then I think I just sold my soul to the devil!

Good job on converting her! :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
I agree with Worc. If a few more good intentioned folks would take time to learn about what they like and dislike instead of being sheeple, the world might be a better place.

btw Leo, I wasn't calling your future bride a sheeple. It's just that I have seen so many people dis gun and knives without ever thinking of them as "just" Tools. Congrats on getting her to think for herself.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys... Yep she had alot of misconceptions about guns. She was most impressed at how much safety was stressed and the fact there was no alcohol at all involved. I let her use a NEF Pardner 12 ga 26" Mod with a Limbsaver recoil pad fitted abd installed. She had never even held a gun before. She did say she would draw the line at hunting. Although she said that Pheasant was about the best tasting bird she had ever eaten.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Leo M' Glass said:
Thanks guys... Yep she had alot of misconceptions about guns. She was most impressed at how much safety was stressed and the fact there was no alcohol at all involved. I let her use a NEF Pardner 12 ga 26" Mod with a Limbsaver recoil pad fitted abd installed. She had never even held a gun before. She did say she would draw the line at hunting. Although she said that Pheasant was about the best tasting bird she had ever eaten.
That last line tells me that sooner or later she'll be in the field. It may take a little time, but she's been won over. It takes time to replace a lot of bad habits with good ones, lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts