Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the Benelli forum and got one answer which I found a bit confusing. Maybe there are some folks in this forum who can enlighten me.

I looked at a Montefeltro today and noticed that the cast is slightly wrong. I shoot left and am right eye dominant.

Beretta semi-autos come with shims to adjust the cast. Do Benellis come with shims also? The guy at the gun shop didn't know.

Thanks

Jim

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes Benelli's have shims...they have a Drop shim and a front and rear casting shims...they have a DX stamped on it for right handed shooters and SX for left hand shooters...aleast thats what my SBE2 has...you can go on Benellis web and learn all about them or do a search and learn even more...what Benelli do you have.....????Honkers41!!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My local gunshop has a pretty good price on a 12 gauge Monte.

I'll probably get it when I come back from Christmas with the grandkids in Indiana.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I know the black eagle and supernova you can flip the shim from right handed to left

I have a montefeltro but I dont think it had the left handed shim with it stock, because you cannot flip it I dont think. you'd have to buy a lefty shim

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
I don't see any reason that you couldn't "flip" the rear metal plate, that is where the only adjustment for the cast off/cast on is at. (I have never seen one that was any other way!) That is the way the BUL and the M2 models are set up. Just flip it right to left, not top to bottom! (That is, IF you don't want to change the drop, if so, then you will have to change the front plastic shim to match.)

I am sure, there is no difference in the front plastic shims for cast adjustments, only up and down there. What I said previously, is that there are no other cast adjustments, just one setting, (of the rear metal plate only), either cast off or cast on, and no "in the middle" or neutral setting.

Is that more clear?

Clyde

1 - 8 of 8 Posts