Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
So you're after cast at the heel then? If you are, have you tried changing your stance a little?

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Bryan,

My previous post has been edited so it makes more sense now.

If the stock is re-inletted to create cast at the heel, will not the stock angle back at the receiver with the comb also moving in the same direction? Might not having a pad adjuster installed give you the cast at the heel you want without affecting the position of the comb?

That leaves me with a couple of questions but I thought I'd offer it as a suggestion.

What you wrote suggests that the stock is in the way and prevents your aligning your eye with the rib without laying your cheek on the comb. If that is correct, you are correct in trying to find a way to move the stock to the right.

The down side is that the comb would have to be moved in the opposite direction the butt is moved. That would leave the comb protruding 3/8" from the stock below it. I don't thing it would work. The side of your face could easily be be abraded during the barrel rise all guns have during recoil.

You may need an offset stock - one that zigs out at the wrist and then zags back just ahead of the comb. That may also contain a bit of wishful thinking. If you are sending your gun to S&S Plus in Polson, MT, be sure they understand what you need and why you need it.

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Bryan,

Glad you liked the book.

I would be interested in hearing if Montana Custom is able to make your stock fit. It would surprise me if they can.

Email me at [email protected] and let me know, if you would.

Rollin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.