Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at a Montefeltro today and noticed that the cast is slightly wrong. I shoot left and am right eye dominant.

Beretta semi-autos come with shims to do the proper adjustments. Do Benellis come with shims also.

Jim

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
Yes, but still the same, right or left, cast on or cast off, no other adjustment than one each direction. Not like the up and down, two or so settings each way from normal.

Hell, the cast doesn't even have a neutral setting.

Clyde

·
Registered
367 Posts
I don't know much about the left or right shims, even though my BUL manual does mention them. You may be able to download a manual from the Benelli site that would be more helpful. I could not say how well the shims for left or right, work.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The shims on my SBE2 are stamped DX for Righthanded shooters and SX for lefthanded shooters...you can adjust the drop in your stock or the casting...just be changing the shims on both ends of the stock...and the drop shim is located closiest to the receiver...Honkers41!!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I called Benelli within the last few days to ask about this. They do sell the shim kit for the Monte, $25. I think for the newer (post 2005) Montes you can also buy the shims individually if you prefer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.