Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last spring, Eiderz did boom-boom with three guys from this forum, MRPOWER, BelDad and Bust'em, at the Toni Ann Rogers Spring Extravaganza. I think we all had fun, so this year things have grown a little, here's the circular:

Shoot With The Stars!

At the 2008 Toni Ann Rogers Spring Extravaganza, March 27-30, 2008 a new, never before offered opportunity will be added to the already fantastic program. A group of Skeet's most recognizable shooters, including All Americans, World Champions and Hall of Fame members will shoot the four main gauge events squadded with shooters in class A-E! In addition to the opportunity to squad with the Stars, up to twenty seven of the class A-E shooters will win free entry and ammunition for the entire 400 targets! This is a once in a lifetime chance to meet and shoot with the best, don't miss out!

Here's the details:

· Any shooter with an NSSA, HOA classification of A-E is eligible to participate in the Shoot with the Stars. If you are eligible and wish to participate you must indicate your desire to do so on your Toni Ann Rogers Spring Extravaganza registration form. If you have already sent in your registration form, contact Mary Masch at NSSA Headquarters.
· Eligible shooters will be squadded with the Stars in the regular 12, 20, 28 and .410 events. Either two or three spots will be available with each Star in each gauge and shooters will rotate to a new Star's squad in each event.
· A lucky drawing will be held at the winter Executive Committee meeting February 15, 2008 at which time the names of shooters receiving the free entries will be picked. Registration forms must be received at Headquarters by February 8, 2008 to be included in the drawing.
· The names of up to twenty seven shooters will be drawn for free entry based on the following criteria:
a. Three eligible shooters from each Zone who have not shot a registered skeet tournament at National Shooting Complex previously, and have been NSSA members for two target years or less; if less than three in any Zone,
b. To other eligible shooters regardless of Zone who have not shot a registered skeet tournament at NSC previously and have been NSSA members for two target years or less.

· If your name is drawn for free entry NSSA will notify you after the drawing and the names will be posted on the website. Your $50 deposit will be refunded when you register at the shoot or applied to concurrents or options you wish to enter.
· Free entry includes shoot fees in the four gauge events, except the class purse, options and concurrents, and factory ammunition in each gauge, which must be used in the event.
· Eligible shooters who do not receive free entry will be squadded with the Stars on a space available basis, prioritized by date of receipt of the shoot registration form.

Remember, if you are in HOA class A-E you are invited to Shoot with the Stars regardless of whether you are eligible to receive free entry. Space is limited, so get your registration form to NSSA headquarters today!........

So there it is, if you or anybody you know in HOA classes A-E wants to try this program send in your registration ASAP, even if you aren't eligible for the free entry. We anticipate a total of about 42-45 available spots and it's by order of receipt unless your name is drawn for a freebee.

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
eiderz, thank you for putting this together!

Everyone, jump on this if you're elegible or get the word out if you're not. This is an awesome opportunity. I learned so much getting to shoot with eiderz and Bobby D. last year and that knowledge was hugely beneficial to me throughout the rest of the year.

eiderz has worked very hard to put this together, getting NSSA on board as well as sponsors and the stars themselves.

Again, THANK YOU to eiderz and I look forward to seeing everyone down at the Toni!

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Eiderz, I forcast a big turnout for the Toni Ann!

One and all, I can say with out a doubt, shooting with Eiderz and Bobby D, MRP, Bust'em, was the highlight of my skeet life so far... What a great, great time!! And if you want to know why they say skeet people are some of the best people, just shoot with these guys and you'll know why. :lol:

bd

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
eiderz,
Thanks for getting something like this going, but for us poorer folks who will likely never get to San Antone, what about this venue at other major shoots? The Masters, maybe? It'll be in my back yard again this spring, but by lottery as you well know. I may get in, I may not.

Just a thought....

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Bud, I think this is going to work for the Toni Ann, because it's the first big shoot of the year. Eveyone is a bit rusty, and so a change of squad won't be as painful as later in the season when the races are hot, and every bird counts.

As you know I'm sure, most all of the bigger shooters have fixed squads, and when you haven't missed a 12 ***** bird all year, hemroids are likely the only thing you would like less, than a change of squad mates. :lol: Don't think you will see it... save your pennies all winter, and come on down!

bd

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Isn't the Masters at the beginning of the year?

And, saving pennies won't work. I, for right now, have no desire to travel that far just to shoot. I'd rather travel that far to go on a pheasant hunt.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry you can't make it Equismith. The reason we probably couldn't do it in another location with this format is number of fields, as you point out the Krieghoff Masters is very limited. Many other shoots are similarly short of fields, therefore a large group of additional shooters could not be accomodated without displacing someone else.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Good show for Eiderz. This will encourage lots of folks. I won't go there this year but maybe another. Some of the better shooters in my area allow me to shoot with them ocasionally and it is always a pleasure. Thanks Little Jim and your Dad too.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Thank you eiderz. That does make sense. Maybe after Bragg expands.

Great shooting this year. Quite great.

I hope to get more shoots in next year.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Did you end up in AA or AAA? I went backwards! Hope to stop the slide before I'm in Q or R class! 8) Is there a class for older med students? Perhaps older med students with at least 4 dogs? :lol:

bd

1 - 20 of 25 Posts