Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My shooting glasses are starting to show their age.............

With new glasses running between $120 and $220, I would like to find out some of your experiences.

Randolph versus..............

HiDefSpex and Decot Hy Wyd.

I would really like to know if anyone has put HiDefSpex through the works with both different types of daylight conditions as well as shooting under the lights.

Thanks for the help............Jack

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have a much lower cost suggestion. Bolle makes two models I like with interchangeable lenses. Parole and Vigilante. Look on ebay and you should be able to find them (with a couple sets of lenses) for around $50. I've found their best shooting lenses to be cinnamon and vermillion.

Jeff

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Looney, do you wear prescription lens?

I have to wear them all the time, so I went with the Decot lens an frames.

Very nice knowledgeable people to work with. They asked me a lot of question about my shooting style, the condition that I shot under an what kinds of backgrounds. They also made some recomendations, which I thought was very helpful.

I have a pr. of light vermillion lens as well as light target orange, work for about all light conditions.

The only thing that I would change is the fact that I got bi-focals in mine. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't get them in shooting glasses. I don't really need them.

Hope this will help some in your decision.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I've switched to Randolph and I am very happy w/ them. I use them for all my clay sports and for hunting. I have 3 lenses, very light yellow, violet and bronze. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7,643 Posts
I started with Rangers, went to Decots for many years, and I'm now wearing a pair of Rangers again mostly due to wearing out the Decots and being able to get a good deal on a set of Rangers. I believe that the Decots are lighter but not so much as either glasses bother me. Take your choice, they are both excellent glasses. I recommend the ones (either has it) with the adjustable nose piece that allows you to place the lens where you want them relative to your face.

Check out Lehman Optical's web site. Alan has a wonderful array of lens and coatings for both glasses and also does wonderful prescription work if you need that.

SLM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts