Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,
I live in England and my main interest is Sporting clays.
On a Sunday morning I have a choice of four or five clay shoots to go to within a seventy mile radius.
Do you have the same type of choice or is the distance greater or less.
Thanks.Mike.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi, Mike . . . in my case, the local club is 19 miles away via interstate and the sporting clays course is very basic. Manual traps operated by squad members and targets are of the "skeet in the woods" variety. Skeet choke is fine for all targets and often a diffuser choke or spreader load is handy. Lots of short windows and really not a very decent course in terms of getting prepared for the 'real' sporting clays experience. Next closest club is about 120 miles away and then we have a half dozen within 160-200 miles. So, you really have to work at it to get in a good day of clays.

Appears you have a better deal. :!:

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
For trap and skeet I can drive about 10 minutes and be at the range. There is another one about 45 minutes away.

Sporting clays or five stand, about 30-45 minutes and I can choose from two different clubs.

There are several options in the 100-200 mile range as the middle of AL and GA have lots of open land that is available for these type of places.

·
Registered
80 Posts
In California, I have a state-run skeet field about 30 minutes away. My gun club is 30 minutes away. Another trap club is 20 minutes away. About 2 hours away (in the central valley) lie some 12-15 large hunting and gun clubs, including the famed Camanche Lake Sporting Facility in Ione.

I think Texas has the most shooting clubs in America?

·
Registered
985 Posts
For me I can shoot trap at a club 30 seconds away from my home, Sporting clays at 5 min and 30 min away and hunting clubs at 30 and 45 min away. I have yet to shoot at the club that is 5 min from my house. I'll do it this week or next.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts