Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a skeet shooting lesson with Craig Cain at elm fork in Dallas today. The best I ever had. After an hour I was breaking 3,4,5 consistently at the center steak.Thanks Craig and good luck this week at the state shoot.

·
Registered
433 Posts
If I remember well at Elm Fork there is the possibility to take lessons from Peter Blakeley, the inventor of the "Unit Lead Method" for shooting Skeet and Sporting clays. If I were near there I'd take the occasion to have some lessons from him, he really knows how to easily explain all the secrets of lead to novice and experienced shooters. I'd suggest to read his book "You are behind it!" to everyone who needs to understand the "logic of lead" and much more...

Good luck with your shooting Hyak!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was in Dallas for only a short time but would have loved to have taken a lesson from Pete Balakeley. Elm Fork connected with me Craig who turned out to be a perfect fit for me. During our lesson Pete"s name came up and I assumed he was still overseas. Craig told me Pete was back in the area and had in fact helped him with his shooting over the years. Craig had nothing but positive things to say about Pete and his methods. Perhaps in the future I will be lucky enough to get a lesson from him. I have in fact a number of Blakeley books including the unit lead system. The Elm Fork People were very professional and would highly recommend them to any one in the area looking for a place to shoot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.