Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I need some holiday advice from the friendliest forum on the net. What is the product that you use with the tall shot bottles on MEC reloaders (9000g) to stiffen the neck area and keep the bottle from wobbling where it screws in? Can it be purchased at most gun shops, or does it need to be ordered from somewhere? Thanks for the help!
Catherine

·
Registered
520 Posts
You can purchase these from Cabela's, Midway USA, and others for less then the price from MEC direct. They work quite well. I have them on all my MEC Grabbers.

APEXDUCK

G

·
I put a piece of foam between the large bottles and then put a rubber band around the two bottles and presto!

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
I received and installed the MEC bottle support on my MEC 9000G. The bottle support should come in the box with the 9000G. It is simple to installed and does a great job of supporting the bottles. Well worth the money.

I also installed a large bottle for shot, a powder baffle, and a universal charge bar. I would be worried about the larger shot bottle if I did not have the bottle support. The powder baffle raises the powder bottle about two inches. Again, I am glad the bottle support is in place for that too.

The universal charge bar makes it easy to change powder and shot charges so I don't have to have a bunch of charge bars powder bushings.

Now that I have 10 flats of Skeet loads ready to go, I guess it is time to load up some Sporting Clay loads. I am thinking of this recipe:

Hulls: 12 gauge Remington Nitro
Powder: 17.7 grains Hodgdon Clays
Wad: Green Duster
Primer: Federal 209A
Shot: 1 oz #8
FPS: 1235

Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts