Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm by no means an expert, but I can offer a little of what I've learned through trial and error and error and error ... hehe ... the sore shoulder and face slapping are generally due to either a poor fittin gun or a loose grip. Make sure the fit is right. If your gun came with the spacers to adjust the drop of the stock, you might want to experiment with them. My gun fit perfectly, but I was gripping it a little loose when I started shooting, and I'd get the occasional face slapper. I remedied this by making sure I had the butt of the stock held firmly into my shoulder pocket. I also made a point to keep my face on the stock. Once I did these things, the face slapping was a thing of the past, and I can shoot a couple hundred shots on the trap field without any pain. If the fit is right, it will most likely just take a bit of practice to get accustomed to the new gun.

Hope it helps! Enjoy!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.