Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought 30 bags of shot from my local supplier @ $18/25#. When I asked for my usual price break, he said there was none to give this time as he was making less than a buck a bag. I then felt lucky to get it @ $18 and asked if a price hike was imminent. Supplier said yes since he could no longer absorb the rising costs he was already experiencing. Lead prices are up nearly 60% since July, so the jump is coming. Thought I would share this with anyone looking to economize on their reloading expenses

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
Yep, I'm afraid there's no relief in sight, so long as India and China keep gobbling up raw material at the rate they are.

Seems like just a few months ago lead was a whopping 45 cents a pound on the world market -- now it's bumping against 60 cents a pound.

I've got a ton of Remington No. 9 magnum at $16 a bag and can still get it for that. This week or next I'm making the 340-mile roundtrip for a ton each of No. 8 and 8-1/2 magnum.

I might then have enough to last the rest of my life.

Here's the site I use:

http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/lead_ ... large.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.