Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend my friend and I went hunting nutria on Maryland's Eastern Shore. I bought #3 steel shot because I figured it was heavy enough to take a fat nutria down, and we need to use non-lead shot over the wetlands. I'm wondering if I should be using a heavier shot like #2, #BB or bigger. I'm also using full choke because I wasn't sure how close I'd be able to get to these critters since I hadn't hunted them before. Any thoughts? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Hey, I have no answers to your hunting questions, but it's nearly summertime which means I'll be making weekend trips to the beaches in Delaware. Perhaps one of those weekends we can shoot some clays over there like we threatened to do a few months ago? Perhaps a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
looks like a beaver and a muskrat had too much to drink one night and got jiggy with it.

G

·
Pygmy, I hope you found the 3 shot suitable for those big South American varmints. They are a favorite target of mine. I plink them with .22 and .17HMR. Popped a 38 pounder last summer in my back pasture chomping clover. I rarely use a shotgun for them, the rifles give me a bit more range.

How did your "expedition" go?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.