Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im having no luck with this gun, first the weird blue thing and the wait for the polish and open up the choke job was excruciating. i finally got to take her to the skeet range, as i have thought to put this one as my main skeet gun, it shot like a dream. 28" with ic on both barrels, chose not to mess with the stock b/c it fit so well and added a limbsaver slip on. shot 3 games and around station 3 of the last game i knew something was wrong. she wouldnt eject the shells at all, and the for-arm was way too loose. took it off to find the soder joint had broken off. talk about a freakin bummer and during my best game of the day too! so guess its back to the shop with her again. should be fixed under warrenty.
as you can see, we can chock this up to previous owner abuse...i.e. incorrect storage methods. this gun locks up so tight with no play it couldnt have been shot much, im thinking someone bought it for 1 trip wingshooting and put it away improperly. on the outside its perfect but the lack of oil in the hard to reach places tell me that a greenhorn never cared for her on a regular basis. gun cleaning/care isnt just the bores...as you will see this is an impossable place to look at with out the hook failure so theirs no way to know.

looks like the corosion over the years made the joint weat and a couple of powerd shell broke it free. this sux bigtime :evil:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a pedersen 2500. and it shoots and fits me like a dream...

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Contact the gunsmith that did the re-bluing...

It is possible, not lilkely, that the rust could have been from the salts & acids left over from the bluing process that didn't get rinsed out good enough...

I'm sure it can be fixed, but..... that sucks!!! Sounds like it was a sweet shooter, too...

Good luck and keep us posted...

Smitty

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ah didnt think of that thanks smitty!! the same group of 4 gunsmiths will have her back sometime this week, i trust them and i doubt that happened but ill throw it out there, anyone can make a mistake from time to time. just wish it wasnt my freakin gun!! i still believe someone wiped the barrel off and suds down the bore w/o oiling the innards properly, improper storage. i personally follow the motto when oiling for storage "the bigger the blob...the better the job".

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
jca,

If it doesn't move paint it, if it moves grease it....and, if it moves and it's not supposed to...Duct Tape!!

Smitty

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well droped her off in the shop...again. has to be silver sodered so this close to christmas, who knows how long itll be gone. guess its back to the 12ga for skeet this sunday

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.