Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am from Northern Ireland this is a great site I am thinking of buying a Beretta silver pigeon o/u shotgun would you recommend this i intend to use the gun for shooting birds such as magpies and grey crows. What about Browning, Remington and Winchester are these all real good guns any recommendations.Thanks,David Allen8o :|

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi again, Would any of ya's know what difference barrel length makes to a gun probably not much say between a 26" and a 32" would the 32" give shot more velocity and give closer shot pattern.Thanks,Davy:D

·
Registered
383 Posts
There is no difference in the shot velocities and patterns of shotguns with barells of 21" and over.The longer barell affects balance (makes the swing slower or smoother) and helps with aiming since you are using a longer plain for aiming. Usually if you have plenty of time and space to shoot you go for a longer barell and if you want a faster handling gun you go for shorter barells.~28" seems to be a good compromise.any beretta should make you happy. ITS NOT HOW WELL YOU SHOOT, ITS HOW MUCH NOISE YOUR GUN MAKES.

·
Registered
541 Posts
DKS is right on the barrel length.(All prices are U.S.)As for the gun choice the Beretta silver pigeon is a nice gun there are a few different models and price is usually between $1200-$1700 Browning you have a few choices: WHITE LIGHTNING, LIGHTNING FEATHER, LIGHTNING GRADE 1, or SUPERLIGHT FEATHER. The grade 1 is the cheapest usually around $1200, the rest between $1300-2000. Remington their O/U is the 332 usually in the $1100-1250 range. I think the other three companies have better.Winchester: SUPREME FIELD or the SUPREME SELECT ELEGANCE the field is the cheapest of the 4 companies under $1000, I have seen them for as low as $875. I missed getting it and now I am looking for one close to that price. I plan to use it for a hunting gun same as you upland birds maybe ducks. If money is no problem then go with a Browning or Beretta. If you want to get a good O/U and money is tight then go with the Winchester.8o They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, Thanks for your replies i will probably go with a Beretta silver pigeon or similar beretta model will have to have a look in some local gun shops and see if i can find a good secondhand one.Cheers & happy shooting,Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts